Posts

In First Place On The Final Day

No matter what happens today, it’s all to play for on Sunday.  The entire 2007 season comes down to the final day – save a tiebreaker game.  The Phillies will send Jamie Moyer – who has some playoff experience with the Mariners – to the mound to oppose Jason Bergmann.  Up north Dontrelle Willis will tangle with Tom Glavine.

For those going to the Phillies game, there will be plenty of parties before and hopefully after.  Our friend Mike from WNJC will be broadcasting live from the Eagles parking lot starting at 11am.  If you’re interested in stopping by, send him an email via MySpace or just look for the guy doing a radio show.  There will be another broadcast recapping the Phillies regular season from 6:30pm to 7:30pm on station.  I’ll be a guest, so be sure to tune the radio to 1360 AM or listen online.

Click to comment

1. CardsFan

September 29, 2007 at 8:42 pm

Just wishing the Phils good luck. Trying to keep it a Red October since my Birds are out. Go Marlins!!

2. sandy

September 30, 2007 at 8:55 am

I do want to think positive about today, but first I must address my comments from yesterday. Yea, I do remember that I said that Eaton would pull through for us, but did you really take me seriously. I would say the same thing again on game day to a less than par performer. It’s called motivtion and supporting the starter. HOWEVER, let’s face the fact. Eaton sucks! His ERA is 6.29. It’s nothing new. It is what it is. He has grown accustomed to balls. He threw them yesterday for 2 1/3 innings and then today in the Inquirer, he simply had the balls to say, “I didn’t know I had that little margin of error”. Well what the hell was he thinking! Did he think that this was June when he sucked, or July when he sucked, or let’s not forget the month of September……..another month that he sucked!!! Please somebody just give him away. But let’s not get caught up on yesterday’s debacle. Granted yesterday was the glimpse of the harsh reality of what might be, but which one of us is going to roll over now.
    TODAY WILL BE OUR DAY!!! We’re all ready to finally celebrate and to go into the post season. Stay positive. 1:35pm the beginning of a GREAT DAY!!!

3. Tim B

September 30, 2007 at 9:44 am

Phillies tie-breaker tickets!

Get them before all the Mets fans do! I hope it doesn’t come down to Monday tie-breaker but if it does, Phillies fans must get these tickets!

4. Julie

September 30, 2007 at 10:08 am

Today is when we need Moyer more than ever- not just for his pitching- but for his experience. He needs to calm these guys down. I’m feeling good about today… Hopefully no tiebreaker necessary!

5. LC

September 30, 2007 at 10:19 am

PREDICTIONS FOR SUNDAY

PHILLIES 10
    NATS 1

METS 1
    MARLINS 9…
    ..THE METS WONT SCORE TODAY, GLAVIN CANT PITCH ANYMORE,,THE MARLINS ARE MAD ABOUT THE FIGHT SATURDAY

ANYMETFANLC

6. Chris_Moderato

September 30, 2007 at 3:20 pm

Huge Braves fan here. As hard as it is for me to swallow, I have to say “Go Phillies!” because my distaste for the Phillies is overwhelmed by my disgust and hate for the Mets. Screw the Mets. Go Phillies.

And Go Braves…next year. Enjoy the pennant Philly. You really earned it.

7. Joe Giuliano

September 30, 2007 at 3:31 pm

Unbelievable!!! What an awesome ride!!!!!! I’m still driving the band wagon bus, if anyone wants to hop on!!!

8. LC

September 30, 2007 at 3:56 pm

CONGRATS TO YOU GUYS. WE DIDNT DESERVE TO WIN THE NL EAST AND YOU DID..GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS….I HOPE WILLIE GOES

THE MET FANS