Phils Ditch Taguchi, Gordon – Phillies Nation
Posts

Phils Ditch Taguchi, Gordon

The Phillies have declined the options of outfielder So Taguchi and reliever Tom Gordon. Taguchi was expecting a $1.25 million option, but will instead be bought out for $150,000. Gordon had $4.5 million option, but will get a buyout of $1 million.

1. Matt

October 31, 2008 at 8:30 pm

Taguchi will always be remembered for that clutch hit against the Mets. He never really got into a rythem here.

2. Aaron Proctor

October 31, 2008 at 9:42 pm

Taguchi fit better on the Cardinals and they love him in STL. He should go back there.

3. PhillyGirlinMichigan

October 31, 2008 at 10:10 pm

I wish Flash the best. he’s had a great career and I’ve enjoyed watching him. Maybe we’ll see him return as a coach someday. That’d be cool.

Bye So…barely knew ya..

November 1, 2008 at 12:28 am

Gordon was pretty good at the beginning of the season…obviously except for that Opening Day DISASTER. But our bullpen doenst need him, so thanks for everything Gordon. Bye Taguchi.

I was expecting this.

5. Phillies Phan SC

November 1, 2008 at 2:24 am

It is a shame about Taguchi, because he was a heck of a guy, but it was coming. I wished he had the success of St. Louis, I remember seeing him in 2006, he was great. He is a good guy none the less…

6. J-Man

November 1, 2008 at 2:32 am

Yea Taguchi never found a rythem here,maybe it was lack of never giving him enough chances,but he’s better off in St.Louis he had success there and is loved there,i hope he goes back there…Flash will likely be retiring.

7. Matt

November 1, 2008 at 9:10 am

All I know is the pitching coach situation at Reading has been a revolving door for years. Moyer or Flash would look real good there.

8. Joel (World Ph*cking Champions!)

November 1, 2008 at 11:02 am

I was also expecting these two to go bye bye. I think that we have a very strong bullpen and we have gotten thru fine without Flash…

I am 50/50 on the Burell thing. I was expecting to lose him but I guess I thought that they could work out a deal; I guess Pat just wants too much. I think he may wind up on his feet in the AL somewhere…they seem OK to spend a load of $$.

Thanks Pat for the wonderful years with the Phils!

9. Phillies Phan SC

November 1, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Matt,

I think Gordon would be an excellent pitching coach. I am hoping Jamie does one more with us to get to 250 wins… He has everything else he ever wanted so give him the 250 wins…

10. Pingback: » Preliminary Moves: Looking Back and Forward With the Phillies | Blogging-Baseball.com

11. jimmyk

November 3, 2008 at 1:59 am

While I thank Flash for his service.It is time to replace him, he is a class act and should be offered a place in the organization.
    Don’t overlook the influence Moyer had on our pitching staff, especially with Cole. As long as he is productive let him stay, maybe he can help Kendrick work through his glitches

12. Expashy

December 7, 2008 at 8:46 am

Привет, я думала что это совсем не так происходит:)

——————————————-
    Мой блог: http://narodnayavyshiv.blog.ru/

13. Lakesha Dahn

February 1, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Great articles & Nice a site….