Tonight's Forecast: Wind, Temperatures Near Freezing – Phillies Nation
Posts

Tonight's Forecast: Wind, Temperatures Near Freezing

Here’s your friendly game 5.5 weather report:

8:37 p.m. start:

“Mostly cloudy with temperatures in the high 30s and winds about 14 m.p.h. coming from the west”

That’s from weather.com, via the Inquirer. With the wind chill, it’ll feel under 30 degrees.

Ah, baseball weather.

1. dan

October 29, 2008 at 9:27 am

If I was going to try to get in to Chickie and Pete’s tonight, what time should I try to get there?

2. NJ (Phuck Bud Selig!)

October 29, 2008 at 9:39 am

Tonights forecast, lots of tears, disappointment and a lot of upset people… But who cares about the employees of major league baseball, there’s going to be a hellova parade in Philly!

Go Phils! Go Charlie and the entire team who are going to make us proud!

3. Geoff

October 29, 2008 at 9:40 am

2, otherwise you wont be able to get a seat.

Just kidding. But get there pretty early.

The weather is perfect tonight. All they need to do is get one run and then hold it. They can and will do that tonight. The Phillies are going to win the World Seriies tonight. I CANT WAIT!

4. Philsin5Puddles

October 29, 2008 at 9:47 am

I love the naming of tonight’s game “World Series Game 5 1/2”. it’s like a special edition DVD.

Let’s be honest though, if the Phils don’t win tonight, they are toast in Tampon, oh excuse me St Homosburg. Whats up with that anyway? Why call yourselves the TAMPA BAY RAYS if you play in ST PETERSBURG?

Ugh, WIN PHILS WIN!

5. Ed

October 29, 2008 at 9:48 am

I was thinking of heading to Chickie and Pete’s also… I’m not sure i can get there early enough though. On monday the line wrapped around that place 2 hours before game time.

6. dan

October 29, 2008 at 10:01 am

Yeah, Ed. I get out of class at 5 and I’m gonna hightale it there with some buddies then. Hopefully we’re there by 530 and get a spot.

Anyone know what the chances are of a travel day tomorrow if the Rays win tonight?

7. Bethany

October 29, 2008 at 10:02 am

Everyone is talking about how they took the win away from Cole by playing in bad weather. But isn’t Cole the winning pitcher if we get a run in the bottom of the sixth inning because he was technically the pitcher in that inning?

8. RK

October 29, 2008 at 10:07 am

Bethany,
    If the Phils score in the 6th and keep it he should get the win, however he is leading off the inning and obviously will be pulled for a hitter. He should still be the pitcher of record though.

9. Bethany

October 29, 2008 at 10:16 am

Right. So Balfour is their pitcher, we put in Jenkins, they make a pitching change, we put in Bruntlett. He gets on base, Rollins gets a 2 run home run, we’re up 4-2, bullpen is light’s out, Hamels gets a win, we bring home the trophy, and I finally get some rest. Mark it down fellas.

10. Chuck

October 29, 2008 at 10:20 am

Bethany…….sounds great!!

11. JLG

October 29, 2008 at 10:29 am

Bethany – aahh…if only you could wave your wand over CBP tonight! I am totally with you and swear the wait this week has felt much longer than the 20 plus years! Go Phils!!

12. Philsin5Puddles

October 29, 2008 at 10:31 am

I love you Bethany! You put chills down my body with that statement. BUt lets not make the Weather Gods and Baseball Gods mad! Lets just let this “game” play out.

13. bigmyc

October 29, 2008 at 10:48 am

Phuckin’ Right on!

14. Griffin

October 29, 2008 at 11:06 am

Someone told me that Selig said a travel day is “highly unlikely” which sucks for us, because with a travel day, Cole could pitch game 7 Saturday on regular rest.

October 29, 2008 at 11:29 am

Yea, I heard that too, Griffin. Sucks big time… the possibility of traveling to Tampa Bay for a game TOMORROW scares the hell out of me!

We have to try and finish this tonight!!

16. bull

October 29, 2008 at 11:34 am

bethany i like the way you are thinking…

Go PHILS!!!!

17. Chris

October 29, 2008 at 11:39 am

Who is going down to the stadium area without tickets? I want to but I want to be sure that I can watch the game on TV. FDR Park? Come on lets do this tonight, it is on!!

18. Jamie

October 29, 2008 at 11:43 am

Nice thought, but Bruntlett won’t be pinch hitting. He’ll be replacing Burrell late in the game as a defensive replacement. We’ll likely see So Taguchi at the plate after Jenkins is announced and Maddon counters with one of his lefties (Miller or maybe even Price). I doubt he’ll go with Price this early, because he’d have to go four, and would likely be done for the rest of the series even if they did win Game 5 1/2. I look for Price in the 8th.

19. bull

October 29, 2008 at 12:16 pm

if it has not been posted already, 1210 just said if you have your parking receipts or permit you will be allowed back in to park for free. If not you have to pay again.

20. Chris

October 29, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Anyone FDR park with a big tv?????

21. DAVID HARRIS JR

October 29, 2008 at 2:41 pm

WE WILL WIN TONIGHT CAUSE THIS IS PHILLIES WEATHER AND THE RAYS PLAY IN A DOME .REAL MEN PLAY OUTDOORS! GO PHILLIES! THE RAYS ARE BUNCH OF GRILS!