Fan Friday – Adam – Phillies Nation
Contests

Fan Friday – Adam

Every Friday from now until Spring Training, we will be posting some of the better contestant stories from our I’m the Biggest Phillies Fan contest.  If you think you have what it takes to be featured, but did not get a submission in, you can still share your story by filling out this form.

I live in Chicago for work, but I grew up in the Philadelphia area and have been a die hard Phils fan since I was in elementary school. 3 years ago, in an effort to rally Philly fans together in Chicago, I created a Meetup group in Chicago for Philly fans to get together and watch Phillies and Birds games. It originally began with 3 members and has now grow to over 250.

AdamI negotiated with a Chicago bar to show every Phillies and Eagles game for the past three seasons (through MLB package and NFL Ticket) as well as negotiated with a distributor to import Yuengling beer on a weekly basis. I also organized Philly cheesesteaks (from Jim’s) to be sent to the bar so philly fans can have access to an authentic Philadelphia experience while watching the Phils and Birds. This bar in Chicago has a gigantic Phillies flag and Eagles flag out in front of the bar (Mad River) and we have drawn 200+ fans for each playoff game this season

Additionally, I recently reached out to Don Tollefson at Fox Sports in Philadelphia and he is considering doing a story on this Philly bar that is located 700 miles away from the Bank.

On a personal note, I have not taken off my Phils hat since losing to Colorado last season (with the exception of important work functions). As you can see, in this picture, from last year, I didn’t even take it off for my Halloween costume (the above picture is from after the Phils-Cubs game in Chicago this year in which I attended all 4).

My worst sports moment in my lifetime was Joe Carter’s home run and all I want is an opportunity to see the Fightin’s in the World Series. I’m already going to be in Philly for the weekend to be with my family and friends, so even if I don’t go to the game, I’ll be around the best Phils fans that I know.

Adam

1. Mark

November 21, 2008 at 1:21 pm

That’s an awesome story. When I go to see play the Cubs at Wrigley next season, I HAVE to find that bar.

Nice to see the dedication, Adam.

2. NC Jason

November 21, 2008 at 1:34 pm

Mark ~ I am am going to see the Cubs and Phils and I will definatly have to check out the bar. Nice story Adam.

3. Maverick

November 21, 2008 at 1:51 pm

He’s full of shit. Its a u. michigan bar.

4. Matt S

November 21, 2008 at 2:18 pm

While it is an eagles bar (also a michigan bar on saturdays) and we did show up for the phillies play off games…this story is not true, and im very dissappointed someone would post this nonsense…without wasting any more time on this dribble…Mad River is a great place to go watch the games, if anyone is in town for the Birds, thats the place to be.

5. 'Duk

November 21, 2008 at 2:33 pm

Hey! I know that guy! ROGGINS!

6. Queenie

November 21, 2008 at 2:40 pm

ERRONEOUS!! As a dedicated member of the Eagles group in Chicago for the last three years, I can attest that there is NO Yuengling at Mad River. The manager there brought some in from their Philly location last season but it lasted for only 3 weeks. There are NO Jim’s steaks at Mad River and never has been. We eat the cheesesteaks that the bar serves. The writer of this post is merely a member and has never been involved in organizing anything! I think the only part of this dude’s story that’s actually true, is that his worst Philly moment was Joe Carter’s homerun.

7. Richie

November 21, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Well, nonetheless it’s nice to see Phillies presence in such a baseball town like Chicago. Adam, I’ll have to check the place out, Tim you might have to give Adam the Steve Jeltz award for the B.S. bud. Haha.

8. MS

November 21, 2008 at 3:18 pm

it was a fun month here in Chicago. Cubs fans were happy for us, and i’m still be congratulated as i walk down the street in a sweatshirt or hat. we had great representation at Mad River. the bar was packed every night, everyone waiving towels. the actual organizer did a really good job getting the bar all set up for the playoffs. it was a month i will never forget. not going to lie, it would have been nice to have real cheesesteaks, i was getting sick of the mad river version.

9. Maverick

November 21, 2008 at 3:23 pm

did he get WS tickets for this crap?

10. Maverick

November 21, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Instead of “fan friday” and posting made up stories from people who were trying to get WS tickets i think it would be cool to do a series on former phils.

A “Where are they now” type deal. for example -Darren Daulton tclaims he can time travel and writes books about it.

Micky Morandini is a highschool janitor in some small town in Indiana. I’m sure there is tons of this stuff out there.

Just a thought/.

November 21, 2008 at 4:04 pm

It doesn’t make sense to “send” to a bar in Chicago, 200+ cheesesteaks from Jim’s. They could easily sell those 200 in 10 minutes in Philly haha

12. Don M

November 21, 2008 at 4:12 pm

Tim, I like the idea…. But I just think that EVERYONE who has their story posted about why they deserve the tickets is going to get BASHED…. I’d like to hear about what kind of booze Mickey Morandini pours into his coffee before he goes to mop the gym floor..

13. Rob Cowie

November 21, 2008 at 4:50 pm

No one is getting tickets for this. We already dispensed our WS game tickets to our official winners at that time.

14. Adam

November 21, 2008 at 5:06 pm

Although this picture is of me, I DID NOT write this post and agree this not accurate . I know the organizers of the group an they deserve full credit for its organization. What is true is that this is an awesome philly bar to go to in Chicago.

15. Nationals#1

November 21, 2008 at 5:17 pm

Ah the art of saving face. you got caught red handed buddy

16. LizzWest

November 21, 2008 at 5:23 pm

Wow. I didn’t know Adam was the organizer. Interesting.

17. Adam

November 21, 2008 at 5:31 pm

Really not that important to me to “save face” buddy.

18. Brian Michael

November 21, 2008 at 5:43 pm

Oh man, what a disaster. I posted this though, not Tim. We’ll see how the next few Fridays go before we pull the plug completely.

19. T Marty

November 21, 2008 at 6:06 pm

well, you can always post my story. it’s all true. granted i only live 5 minutes from CBP, but i have been a Phillies die hard for over 30 years.

20. Brian22

November 21, 2008 at 6:16 pm

Jesus! All you philly heads need to calm down! I posted this to screw with my friend who I’ve been with many times to Mad River. It’s a blog for god sake. Maybe that’s why no one respects you as fans- because you beat up on your own people.

21. ant

November 21, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Brian 22 you are a low life.

22. ant

November 21, 2008 at 6:26 pm

pull the plug on this idea. you have too many low life liers like brian. try to find out what mickey uses to clean the gym floors, more interseting than a 22 year old goofs who post lies.

23. Brian23

November 21, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Brian is his boyfriends name, and 22 is his boyfriend Brian’s shoe size.

24. james

November 21, 2008 at 6:34 pm

25. Kevin

November 21, 2008 at 7:30 pm

Brian 22, you’re obviously not from philly (and maybe have never been there) and have no idea what philly fans are all about. You owe your friend an apology for posting that b.s and using his name and picture. If I were him, I’d pull an Andre Waters and knock you the f- out.

26. LizzWest

November 21, 2008 at 9:14 pm

Ahh… The City of Brotherly Love… Such bliss.

November 22, 2008 at 2:33 am

hahahahah this is hilarious…. I love when a little joke just explodes… oh well, cheers!

28. Nationals#1

November 22, 2008 at 10:21 am

duh, Brian22 = Adam. We’re not beating up on our own people, we’re calling someone out who made up a fake story to try and get world series tickets

29. MS

November 22, 2008 at 10:39 am

I don’t know if everyone would get bashed. It’s just this story was false and took credit for work other people put a lot of effort into. I don’t expect to see Adam at mad river tomorrow.

30. ant

November 22, 2008 at 2:05 pm

please take out those pictures.

31. Tim Malcolm

November 22, 2008 at 6:51 pm

Just to add my two cents in:

My mom once dated Don Tollefson.

[/true story]

That is all.

32. Tollie

November 22, 2008 at 10:11 pm

Tim,

Tell you Mom to give me a call.

Love,

Tollie

33. Keith

November 23, 2008 at 10:20 am

I, along with 46,000+ other fans showed our dedication by going to and sitting through Monday’s game 5 monsoon. We all got what we wanted and deserved. A WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP. We are all true fans!

34. Billy Vargas