Some good stuff from Scott Lauber at the Amaro announcement, per MLB Trade Rumors:
- Pat Burrell has changed agents to Philly-based Ed Hayes.
If it’s a sign, it’s positive that Burrell may stay with the Phillies. He declined a two-year/$22M contract Friday. Look for the Phils to offer a little more monetarily.
- On that note, none of the top free agents lists gives the Phils much addition, including in left field.
I don’t get that. If Burrell goes, someone has to come in. I don’t see Geoff Jenkins going everyday, and I certainly don’t see Greg Golson or Jeremy Slayden coming in to play. If not Burrell, it’s either Milton Bradley, Rocco Baldelli or Juan Rivera. (Or Matt Holliday …)
- Why? Amaro dismissed Manny Ramirez as an option.
Good. Not enough money, and a pain in the rear. This team doesn’t need him.
- Amaro also said they’d like to re-sign Jamie Moyer and Scott Eyre.
- Finally, in other news, Tadahito Iguchi and So Taguchi may go back to Japan.