Fan Friday – Sister Janice

Growth chartI am a Sister of the Holy Family of Nazareth, and I work at Holy Family University.

I believe I qualify as a great Phillies fan, because from 2000 to 2007, I lived in Texas, and I guarantee that I was the only Phillies fan in that great state! I could not listen to the games, of course, but I subscribed to and I watched every single game that was not blacked out for me (Houston games). The Sisters all knew when I was having my “holy hour.”

My office here at the University is decorated with Phillies photos, bobble heads, and everything else that my co-workers, who know how much I love the Phillies, have brought in for me. I have my red shirt ready to wear during the World Series games, and my rally towel to wave. I have to add that I really do storm heaven for them during their games!

1. Jason B.

January 23, 2009 at 11:59 am

That is completly AWESOME!!! Now I know how the Phils finally pulled it off. The greatest thing about that post is how the sister said that watching the Phillies are considered her “holy” hour. That I have to say is the best fan friday post yet!!! And Tim, doesn’t it make you feel great to know that a nun is looking at your site? Makes me feel bad about the fan friday video of my friend and I that everyone thought was vulgar and dumb.

2. Amanda

January 23, 2009 at 12:02 pm

This nun is awesome! Hahah, I love it.

January 23, 2009 at 12:02 pm

I agree… this is awesome! Keep praying for the Phils, Sister Janice! hehe

4. Evan

January 23, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Is it an unfair advantage if the Phils have an insider who can influence God?

What a cool nun, I’d love to take her to a Phils game.

5. JohnKruksLoveChild

January 23, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Sister “LEG OUT THAT DOUBLE” Janice. We have a candidate to throw out the first pitch of 2009 !

6. Jason B.

January 23, 2009 at 2:26 pm

I think it is much better advantage to have a nun on our side than if our whole team was juicing…. and this is completly legal. No 50 game suspensions for a nun root root rooting for the home team!

7. Ben

January 23, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Sister Janice is awesome. I love this fan friday post. Who doesn’t love a nun who dedicates her life to God and the Phillies. She totally should have won best fan.

8. Georgie

January 23, 2009 at 3:33 pm

That is awesome, although I didn’t think about nuns reading our posts, so I’m going to watch my language from now on!

9. Chutley

January 23, 2009 at 5:10 pm

glad to know our donations are going to

10. Don M

January 23, 2009 at 5:13 pm

Holy Family nuns teach there.. they don’t collect money as they are not part of a “parish” … holla

11. Chutley

January 23, 2009 at 5:19 pm

sarcasm….. word up

12. Malcolm

January 23, 2009 at 5:19 pm

We have the greatest fans.

13. glenn

January 24, 2009 at 11:33 am

The Sister does not walk alone in Texas. We have a nice little rambunctious group of Phillies/Eagles fans down here in Austin to back her up.

14. T

January 24, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Hopefully this stops the Mets fans from cursing so much on our posts.

15. Barbara Frances SAmp

January 27, 2009 at 11:08 am

What Sister Janice said is gospel truth. I lived with her in Texas and while I rooted for my Rangers, Sister always stuck by her Phillies…and she DID keep her “holy hour” with them. She’s a great person to have on your side.

16. Mike Van Thuyne

January 27, 2009 at 11:48 am

Hey Sister Janice,
    This proves that you are the Number # 1 Phillies fan (Phan). Since you returned to Philadelphia last year, the Phillies won the World Series. We should have brought you home years ago.

I look forward to sharing the 2009 Phillies games and commentaries again this year. You are the best. Rock on.!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Phillies.!!!!!!! Go Sister Janice and all the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth. Bring us another winner this year.

17. Pingback: Fan Friday Update - Sister Janice | Phillies Nation

18. robert iannello

September 18, 2009 at 8:01 pm

First: God has BLESSED US ALL !SECOND;we HAVE TO ACKNOWLEDGE OUR FAITH IN HIM. THIRD we must give him thanks home run; We will be Blessed ! !) Having the Phillies2)Trust in the indiv.that play the game3)Show our support4) have the faith show our gratitude with Love…..Amen, Another World Series!!!