Fan Friday – Jacob – Phillies Nation
Contests

Fan Friday – Jacob

This is the final installment of Fan Friday – thanks to everyone who sent in a story!

I was born and raised in West Philly. I am a die-hard Phillies fan.

Since I moved to North Carolina, my love for the Phillies has not changed.

I still attend a half dozen or so games. I even got a personalized North Carolina plate to support the team.

Phillies pride is here to stay.

Phillies Plates

1. Brian Michael

February 15, 2009 at 4:03 pm

I had to put this guy up since I have also have awesome Phillies plates….GOPHILS from DC.

We should start a club.

2. Griffin

February 20, 2009 at 11:22 am

In New York, “PHILSFAN” is still available. If I didn’t mind my tires getting slashed, I’d get that plate.

3. NC Jason

February 20, 2009 at 11:46 am

4. NC Jason

February 20, 2009 at 11:47 am

Brian ~ Any word on where this guy is from? I would like to get a viewing party together for opening night. I live in Greenville and some of my coworkers grew-up in Philly and/or support the Phils. And the more Phils Phans the better!

5. NC Jason

February 20, 2009 at 11:48 am

Sorry about the double post

6. Bruce

February 20, 2009 at 12:03 pm

There is something familiar about the fan in the photo. His facial features reminds me of Reggie Jackson, one of the Yankees’ greats of the past. 🙂

7. Brian Michael

February 20, 2009 at 12:22 pm

NC Jason – I emailed Jacob about the party. Where do you guys watch games in Greenville? I’ve only ever been to the Buff Wild Wings.

8. tarheelphan

February 20, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Never realized the size of the Phils following in G-vegas. I only ever ran into obnoxious Braves fans when I had my gear on in town. Up here in Chapel Hill, it seems like its only Mets fans now…

9. Chuck P

February 20, 2009 at 12:45 pm

That is a nice license plate…

Where is G-Vegas?

10. NC Jason

February 20, 2009 at 12:49 pm

G-Vegas is Greenville about an hour east of Raleigh. It is where East Carolina University is located. Brian, currently I am scouting locations for this year. Last year it was kinda whereever the group wanted to go (the new BW3s was a spot) but I am looking into places like AJ McPhurys’, Tie Breakers, as well as someother spots.

By April I was going to post something about a definate place for viewing parties.

11. Grrrumpy Miner

February 20, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Griffin…sometimes ya got to show some guts.No guts,no glory.I’d advise you to get the PHL2008 plate.Maybe some people won’t put 2 and 2 together.

12. Grrrumpy Miner

February 20, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Or even try PHL8008 for the championship years.

13. Paul

February 21, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Now we need a Phillies club in Wilmington, NC…

Nice to see the Phils plates on Carolina tags!

14. david molina

April 23, 2009 at 5:08 pm

nice plate. i’m from california and have one too. i proudly drive my ’78 chevy pick-up in socal with my “PHLY FAN” plates.

15. Jay Astoske

October 21, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Do you know which hotel the Phillies stay in when they travel to NY. Looking to buy tickets if the Phillies get in the series and will travel to NY to see them. I am also from SE NC and my son is a big fan and we will be traveling to NY for that week.

16. Philly Phanatic

November 3, 2009 at 2:05 pm

Good question. Where do the Phillies stay when they are NYC? My nephew would like to catch a glimpse of the players. Thanks!

17. marissa

April 18, 2010 at 11:38 pm

i have GOPHILS tooooo!

18. Calandra Hustedt

June 16, 2010 at 12:08 am

Hello amazing website everytime I come here I am amazed with the quality.