Fan Friday Update – Sister Janice – Phillies Nation
Contests

Fan Friday Update – Sister Janice

Many of you may remember one of our more beloved Fan Friday participants, Sister Janice, from her post three weeks ago (if not, read it now).  I know one generous person from South Carolina in particular can recall the story.  Just over a week ago, this anonymous fan mailed Sister two free tickets to the April 20th game versus the Padres.  While not quite a Phillies miracle, it really goes to show the true nature of Phillies fans – good-hearted people that flat-out love the Phillies and consider fellow fans family.  If the anonymous ticket donor is reading this post, please know that Sister Janice was brought to tears by your gift and will certainly be attending the game.  For anyone else going to the game that day, be on the look out for one of the biggest Phillies fans around.

1. Anon. South Carolina

February 8, 2009 at 10:38 am

Sister Janice, you are welcome. Matthew 6:3 – which is why I can never reveal who I am (even though “needy” does not apply here the principle is the same). I hope you enjoy the game.

2. Matthew

February 8, 2009 at 10:47 am

You have a great heart. God has a special place in heaven reserved for you. Take care.

3. Joe O'Phillie

February 8, 2009 at 11:11 am

Well done fan

February 8, 2009 at 11:33 am

I’m going to the April 19th game… just one day off from seeing Sister Janice cheering for her team! Oh well, this is a great note. GO PHILS!

5. Malcolm

February 8, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Great story, once again.

6. Amanda Orr

February 8, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Awww, that’s so sweet.

7. Sister Janice

February 9, 2009 at 11:57 am

Dear Anon.South Carolina,
    I know that Brian Michael told you how grateful I am for those tickets you sent me, but I wanted to let you hear it from me! Your thoughtfulness was wonderful, and appreciated more than I can say.
    You may be sure that I will decked out in my red Phillies shirt on April 20.
    I hope you receive many blessings in return for your kindness to me. I will keep you in my prayers.
    I hope you can come to Philly when the Phillies march down Broad Street in their second championship parade!