Posts

Myers To Take on the 'Stros

Brett Myers will face the Houston Astros in Kissimmee, Florida, preparing for his potential start on Opening Night.  Game time is 1:05 p.m.

To this point, Myers is 1-1 with a 2.63 ERA in his starts this spring.  Roy Oswalt will be on the hill for the Astros, making his first start since returning from the World Baseball Classic.

The Phillies look to halt the Astros, who have won six games in a row.

1. Phan in TN

March 27, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Who is watching and/or listening to this one?

As usual, I’m stuck with my MLB TV stream and its only showing the fricken Astros stream.

abject consternation here folks.

2. Jason B.

March 27, 2009 at 12:57 pm

I will be viewing the boxscore and refreshing it… I wish more games were on the radio.

3. Phan in TN

March 27, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Who is this Matt Sooey?

4. Brooks

March 27, 2009 at 2:01 pm

I am anxious to see if Brett was just not feeling well last start. 10 baserunners in 5 innings, he gave up 4 extra base hits and only 2 runs. Pretty amazing. Not one of his stellar starts so this week should be a watch.
    I think his last appearance was his worst of the Spring, is that correct?

5. Mike S.

March 27, 2009 at 2:30 pm

I wanna know where all those guys were who were saying Mayberry should take Werth’s spot…

Werth has 5 bombs this spring and is hitting the cover off the ball

He’s going to have a huge year

6. Georgie

March 27, 2009 at 3:04 pm

haha, Phan, Matt Sooey!

What happened to that Rick guy who was updating the ST games?

7. Georgie

March 27, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Jason, I’d like to thank you for enhancing that wonderful visual of shirtless mansierre Yankee fan yesterday by adding the “banana hammock” to the picture. If that dude sat down beside me on the beach I would pick up my stuff and move far, far away! Yikes!

8. Don M

March 27, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Box Score so far:

Brett Myers: 5.1 IP, 8 Hits, 4 Runs (all ER), 1 BB, 4 SO, 1 HR to Miguel Tejada.. ERA = 3.79

Ryan Madson: 1.2 IP, 2 Hits, 0 R, 1 SO, ERA = 2.38

Victorino, Werth, Ibanez, and Feliz all with 2 hits on the day

Werth has a Double (4th), and a HR (5th) giving him 11 RBIs in Spring Training. His HR was off of Roy Oswalt.. who happens to throw pitches with his Right-Hand.

Coste is 0-2, with 2 K’s, but has a SacFly.. and also threw out Matt Sooey!, trying to steal, with Ryan Madson on the mound..

Mosebach relieved Madson, in 1 IP, he gave up 3 hits, 2 ER, his ERA = 9.39, and I wish him best of luck in Lehigh Valley

9. PhillyGirlinMichigan

March 27, 2009 at 3:41 pm

Isn’t Mosebach the Rule 5 guy? He may not make it to LV. I think Madson gave up one of the runs charged to Myers.

10. PhillyGirlinMichigan

March 27, 2009 at 3:42 pm

Georgie – guess it was a good thing I missed the video from that Yankees game. Yikes – Manboobs

11. Chuck P

March 27, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Matt Suhey… lead blocker for the Walter Payton for those bad ass Bears teams. Are you sure that you didn’t mean Kevin Suhey (QB/holder for the Penn State Nittany Lions)?

Matt Stairs gets his second HR of SPT and Coste goes o’fer again.

12. Chuck P

March 27, 2009 at 4:02 pm

That should read THE Walter Payton on those bad ass Bears teams.

13. Georgie

March 27, 2009 at 4:16 pm

PhillyGirl-you can be glad you didn’t see the manboobs, they were large and VERY saggy, just hung on his gigantic, hairy belly (I’ll stop now, it’s not something you want to re-live). I can’t believe men are allowed to display that in a public place, imagine if he plopped himself down right beside you-rude and disgusting!

Is Myers going to be ok?

14. John Fire

March 27, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Yes, Mosebach is a Rule 5 guy. He’ll be offered back. No way he’s in the conversation anymore re: making this team. Not with the way he’s pitched and with how strong Koplove and Majewski have been. And even they may not make it.

15. PhillyGirlinMichigan

March 27, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Georgie…sounds like the public decency police should have escorted that guy out. Thanx for the detailed description: 😛

Wasn’t Blackley given back last year and they didn’t want him? Maybe the same will happen w/Mosebach. I agree Maj or Kop should be given an opportunity before Moose.