NY Mets Bus Trip Waitlist – Phillies Nation
Events

NY Mets Bus Trip Waitlist

Since the Phillies play the Mets in their new stadium just one weekend this season (August 21-23), tickets are going to be hard to come by. Single-game tickets are not yet on sale, but we are thinking about hosting a bus trip to CitiField on Saturday August 22. In talking with Mets ticket representatives, it appears that they will be unlikely to accommodate most group ticket requests because there are so many. The only tickets that are definitely available are about $100 (bottom bowl, along foul line) and renting a bus to NYC is more expensive than to DC; therefore if we run a trip, it will be close to $150 per person.

Since that is more expensive than our previous trips, I wanted to see if fans are interested in shelling out that kind of money to see the Phillies humiliate the Mets. There are only enough tickets for one bus, so only about 50 people could attend. If you or your friends are interested in going, please fill out the form below and when the details are finalized, you will be among the first contacted to reserve spots.

Click to comment

1. Keith

April 28, 2009 at 11:32 am

I’m actually going to next Wednesday’s game. 😀

Can’t wait to see the Phillies destroy the Mets.

2. Don M

April 28, 2009 at 11:50 am

New York smells worse than slumdog India

3. Greg V.

April 28, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Yeah in a year’s time those new New York stadiums are going to reak of piss just like the old ones! Better get in and enjoy the atmosphere while you can! GO PHILS!

4. Mark B

April 28, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Cost of the trip – $140.

Seeing the Phillies humiliate the Mets in front of their fans – priceless.

5. DHall

April 28, 2009 at 12:48 pm

I remember a New York fan telling me once how bad Philly smells. I said “you gotta be kidding me. The last time I went to Yankee Stadium it smelled like raw sewage.” He got very upset. Apparently, they can dish it out but they can’t take it.

6. mikemike

April 28, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Tim love to go but is Geoff driving the bus?

7. Phan in TN

April 28, 2009 at 2:26 pm

what section are you guys sitting in so I can see you on TV? I wouldn’t be caught dead in metland

might catch some queer disease there…

April 28, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Brian, will there be an option to go just for the game? (No bus ride)

9. Brian Michael

April 28, 2009 at 3:07 pm

It depends on how many people want to ride the bus. They’ll have priority.

10. nate

April 28, 2009 at 3:58 pm

yeah… i agree with manny… i’m living in nyc and would love to go to a weekend game and sit with you guys.

11. Bruce

April 28, 2009 at 5:57 pm

$140?? One Hundred Forty Dollar$ !! (gulp)

12. Griffin

April 28, 2009 at 6:10 pm

“might catch some queer disease there…”

Are you guys meeting up and tailgating (if that’s even allowed) outside the stadium? Parking is up to $18 at Citi Field so let’s hope they allow booze.

13. Jeff

April 28, 2009 at 6:21 pm

I wouldnt pay 50 a ticket to go see a game. I watch all games on tv but would never spend that much money to watch grown men catch a little white ball. sorry

14. Liv

April 28, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Thanks for the invite! I live in DC but I am coming :D… please let me know in advance cause I need to find an accommodation in Philly for the weekend. I reside in DC :(, the only good thing about living here is that I get to see the Phillies playing at the Nats stadium in 2nd row for 30 dollars on the visitors’ side!!!

15. KATHY M. PACHECO

April 28, 2009 at 7:20 pm

It going to be so awesome watching the Phillies beat up the mets on their brand new tuff.

16. Phan in TN

April 29, 2009 at 8:02 am

@Griffin

“You’re either John Rocker or you’re referring to the swine flu. Let’s hope it’s the latter.”

Queer Disease – a disease you catch from queers. Gettit?

I can whip out the finger puppets and splain to you that i really really really hate the mets and their fans…

I’m a phillies phan, Sparky.

17. dantman

April 29, 2009 at 10:51 am

$140 is a little much for me to see the Mets, now make it Yankee Stadium and I’m in.

18. Talktomegoose

April 30, 2009 at 9:29 am

I don’t think we should contribute any money to the Mets organization. We especially should not get a large group of Phillies faithful to buy $100 seats in their stadium. There is a reason why they have a problem selling those seats. THEY COST TOO MUCH. Not even Mets fans will support them at those escalated prices. Why should we? I’ll watch the game on television in my home or a nice Philly bar. I’ll use the $100 to go see 3 games in our own beautiful stadium. Thanks anyway.

19. Nick

July 3, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Why does Philadelphia have the ugliest people in all of America?

20. Philly Sucks Ass

July 22, 2009 at 10:42 pm

>Why does Philadelphia have the ugliest people in all of America?

Simple…because they are all imbred. It’s hard to deviate much when they are all bred from the same white-trash stock.