Fantasy

Fantasy Baseball Leaders at the Half

Like many other aspects of the game, the All-Star break creates the perfect opportunity for an assessment on the first half of the fantasy baseball season. There are 150 teams competing in this season’s Phillies Nation Fantasy League; here are the division leaders:

Mayfair – Pat the Bat
Grays Ferry – Phanatic’s Phloozies
Brewerytown – Clemente……#21
Bustleton – Two Burrels One Cup
Olney – PhilsWFC09
Germantown – The Lee Elias
Nicetown – Utley’s Puppy Mill

Pat the Bat and Pat the Glove both representing the resurgent former Phil…classic. The Phillies Nation teams are not faring as well, with an average of penultimate place across the divisions. Hopefully there’s still plenty of time to turn the season around.

Click to comment

1. Bruce

July 13, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Yawn… must be a slow day for news in the real world. 😉

July 13, 2009 at 2:17 pm

haha! I wonder who Pat the Bat is… cause I’m Pat the Glove.

3. Phillies Fan in NYC

July 13, 2009 at 2:26 pm

im a little pissed… was in this league last year (cobb creek) asked about it on here several times before the season started and never heard anything. boo to you sir, booooo…

4. Jay Ballz

July 13, 2009 at 2:27 pm

“Two Burrells One Cup”= best fantasy squad name I’ve seen in a while.

5. Dennis

July 13, 2009 at 2:43 pm

Victory!no from Kensington here… Dominating my league!

6. CZ

July 13, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I’m heading up the Phanatic’s Phloozies though the squad has been slumping terribly lately. Johnny Cueto’s destruction at the hand of the Phils last week certainly didn’t help. Time to get my act together and build back up to the 25 point lead I had a few weeks ago!

7. Brian Michael

July 13, 2009 at 2:54 pm

@ NYC Fan – If you’d like, I can give you access to one of the Phillies Nation teams and you can take the reigns. You can even have one of the ones in the top half of its division.

8. Phillies Fan in NYC

July 13, 2009 at 2:59 pm

thanks brian, but it’s cool. i have a few other teams going… but im in for next season.

9. Jack

July 13, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Can i jump on a team fro next year as well? Definitely interested and wasnt able to join since I just started on this around May. Thanks

10. Jeremy

July 13, 2009 at 3:33 pm

I was wondering about the Philliesnation team. The team in the Port Richmond league has absolutely no activity ever. If you’re offering I will take one over. Currently running the Belfast Bullies in that league too.

11. Scott B

July 13, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Bortolo’s Cologne is gonna make a run.

Just like a real life Halladay trade, I’m making big plans!!

12. Phil

July 13, 2009 at 3:51 pm

I’m philswfc09 in the Olney league. I know the league winner with the highest point value wins something. What are all of the leaders point totals thus far? I have 86.5.

13. Brian Michael

July 13, 2009 at 3:58 pm

There are at least 2 teams over 100 points; however I am told this is an unfair comparison because some leagues have more participants than others…

All the division winners will win something anyway.

14. Jeremy

July 13, 2009 at 4:08 pm

I didn’t know we won anything. I thought we were just doing it for fun.

15. Phil

July 13, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Yeah, 12 team leagues have a total of 120 points. 10 point leagues have 100 points.

16. maichrow23

July 13, 2009 at 4:48 pm

Big League Chew Grape is looking to repeat just like the Phils…. 36.5 point lead is looking pretty good so far hehe.

17. CZ

July 13, 2009 at 5:49 pm

We win something?!?! Time to start really trying again. Gotta get my 99.5 back up over 100!

18. Jason

July 13, 2009 at 6:05 pm

damn Brian, you really need someone to take over your team in Chalfont. No activity since March 25th!!!

19. thebestrbevr21

July 13, 2009 at 7:35 pm

im
    HowardsPower6 78.5 points stayin in first in what is a very competitive league. im gonna put this one out of reach shortly following the all star break.

what is the prize if we win?

20. CT

July 13, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Utley’s Puppy Mill – represent! It’s a tight race in the Nicetown league. Hopefully the Mill can keep it going in the second half.

21. Ryan

July 14, 2009 at 3:25 am

Im behind Pat The Bat in that league by about 1.5 Points…

22. therookie300

July 14, 2009 at 7:11 am

CZ:

The Rookies are hopefully back and coming for ya. Hopefully a couple first half managerial blunders I made don’t hurt me.

23. justmike

July 14, 2009 at 8:07 am

first time playing and i’m having a blast. holding a the 4 spot in the Olney league, but YOUR MOM’S BALLS are are hoping for a strong second half

24. Phil

July 14, 2009 at 9:13 am

Good luck to you in the 2nd half, your mom’s balls.

25. Tessie Allsup

December 6, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Greetings just wondering if any one could suggest a good torrent downloader. Preferable free but if reasonable and speedy with large storage I would consider a paid service.