Here are a few notes today surrounding Roy Halladay.
- The New York Mets reportedly turned down an offer which would have sent Fernando Martinez, Bobby Parnell, Jon Neise, and Ruben Tejada to Toronto for Halladay. Later, ESPN’s Keith Law called the deal “bogus”
- Although Kyle Drabek would likely seal the deal, SI’s Jon Heyman reports that the Phillies decided not to include Drabek in a trade for Halladay.
Ken Rosenthal says the Phillies have other options.
- The Phillies may also be interested in Cliff Lee if a Halladay deal doesn’t pan out. J.A Happ, Dominic Brown, and Carlos Carrasco could get Lee.
- Other scouts like Michael Taylor and Jason Knapp as much as Kyle Drabek.
The Phillies are also looking into relief.
- Yesterday, the Phillies scouted Chad Qualls, although the Diamondbacks are unlikely to trade him. They would want a pitching prospect in return.
In non-Halladay related news (or is it?), Kyle Kendrick was scratched from his start in Triple-A Lehigh Valley.