Game 1 and Game 2 Watching Parties – Phillies Nation
Events

Game 1 and Game 2 Watching Parties

Ok folks, the World Series are upon us. If you haven’t been wearing your Phillies gear all week, then you better start now. You should also start making plans for watching the games in a fun environment. If your immediate vicinity is not full of fans, then I suggest you patronize your local Phillies bar. Below I’ve listed the specials happening at some of the bars in the big cities around the country – all these places will be packed with Phillies fans. For directions to any of these bars or to find your spot in a city not listed, check out our Phillies Bars page and enjoy the games!

NEW YORK
Shorty’s

• $12 pitchers
  • 22 beers on tap
  • $8 cheesesteak and beer
  • Whiz cheesesteak sliders on special
  • Fox Philadelphia will be filming during Game 1

WASHINGTON, DC
Ventnor Sports Cafe

• Yuengling will be on special
  • Cheesesteaks on special

Kezar’s

CHICAGO
Mad River

• $6 cheesesteaks
  • $2 Coors Light bottles

DENVER
Pat’s Downtown Bar & Grill.

• $2 Bud, Bud Light PBR, Rolling Rock
  • $4 Jager bombs
  • $2 kamazies
  • $7 pitchers

LONDON, UK
Sports Cafe – 1 pound pints Wednesday night

1. Mike Bishop

October 27, 2009 at 12:57 pm

Dayton, OH
    Bargo’s Grill & Tap in Centerville.

– $1.50 Domestic Botttles on Wednesday
    – Happy Hour before the game 3-7, Great Drink & Food prices, best bar food in Dayton.

2. Elizabeth

October 27, 2009 at 12:58 pm

I think the DC heading above Ventnor Sports Cafe disappeared… looks like it’s listed under NYC.

3. Serena

October 27, 2009 at 1:01 pm

You can also watch Game 2 at Campbell’s Field in Camden, NJ. Gates open at 7:15 and admission is free – beer and food vendors will be open. New Riversharks manager and former Phillie Von Hayes will be formally introduced to the fans and signing autographs. Call 856-963-2600 to reserve a spot or get more info.

4. Mike Bishop

October 27, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Orlando, FL –
    Miller’s Ale House
    12371 State Road 535
    Orlando, FL 32836-6737
    The character on the logo is wearing a Phillies cap, and the same character has an Eagles’ jersey on in the drink menu! Great food, and GREAT drink specials! I’ve watched many a Phillies & Eagles games here in good company.

ESPN Club
    2101 North Epcot Resorts Boulevard
    Disney’s BoardWalk (You don’t actually have to pay to get into any parks, the BoardWalk is open to the public)
    Orlando, FL 32830-8407
    I watched the World Series here in 2008, it was PACKED with Phillies fans, felt JUST like home (I even met a guy who went to my high school!). I watch Eagles games here somtimes, too. Same deal. Get there early, the place fills up quick!

5. Chris

October 27, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Killarney’s Publick House
    Trenton/Hamilton, NJ
    1644 Whitehorse-Mercerville Rd

9 Flat screen TV’s.
    $2 Miller Lite bottles and drafts.
    $2 Bud Light bottles and drafts,
    $2.50 Yuengling.
    1/2 Price Wings.
    $4 Tasty Burger Sliders(3).

6. Dave

October 27, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Wogie’s in Greenwich Village, NYC
    it gets packed early and they usually stop letting people in about an hour before game time because its a small place. But all the overflow goes to the Greenwich Treehouse, a bar across the street. And from there you can still order cheesesteaks and anything else from Wogie’s and they’ll bring it over to you. You actually get your food faster by ordering across the street than you do in wogie’s itself, because of how many people are over there. Always a fun time and every single person in both of these bars are phillies fans.

7. Bonezy

October 27, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Is there any tailgating going on on Saturday for Game 3 from the Nation? If so. What lot is it going to be?

8. Ed 2

October 27, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Anyone know a good place to watch in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami?

9. Grrrumpy Miner

October 27, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Grrrumpys Queens NY…….$3:99 TEN pack Nathans Dogs, 99 cents pack of Rolls,$17:Sam Adams Octoberfest formula 12 pack,Remote Control and not worried about driving home drunk and all the comforts of home while wearing my #5 Wright jersey….PRICELESS.

10. Chuck

October 27, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Grrrumpy….YOU’RE priceless!!

Me?….I’ll be in my living room in Bucks County wearing my World Champions parade shirt…..with the sound turned down and Franske and LA blaring from the radio.

11. Bill

October 27, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Atlanta anyone?

12. Brian Michael

October 27, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Go to Parrot Lounge if you’re in Ft. Lauderdale…more info on the Bars page.

13. Ian

October 27, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Bill – I also live in Atlanta, and from reading previous threads, the place to go for Phillies fans is Rocky Mountain Pizza in Midtown. Never been there myself, but planning on going there for Game 3 or 4 this weekend.

Anyone know of a bar in Hartford, CT for PHILLIES?

14. Chris

October 27, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Hartford is Boston area, i dont think youll have trouble finding people rooting for the phils

15. vendor71

October 27, 2009 at 6:09 pm

@ Ed 2…There’s a tiki bar right down on A1A, north of Oakland Park, almost directly across from the Winn Dixie. It’s an Eagles bar in the fall, so I would try there first.

Also, as far as I know it’s still the LaVaca Lounge in downtown Austin TX. Lots of fun there last year.

16. Steve

October 27, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Anyone know of a Place in Seattle for the Phils?

17. shag beta sigma delta

October 27, 2009 at 8:56 pm

What about in Vermont, I’ll be watching at work, but would love to find a place that has phillies fans in it. And did anyone else take that as an invitation to go to Grrrumpy Minor’s for games 1 and 2?

18. Jeff G

October 27, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Any ideas for Houston?

19. Thump Bump

October 27, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Louisville, KY – MY HOUSE!!!

20. Phillygirl

October 27, 2009 at 11:14 pm

I wanted to be at Vetnor, until I realized that I’m going to be in Atlanta for a conference. I need to find something within walking distance of my hotel.

21. Kev

October 28, 2009 at 12:05 am

Anyone watching the game near hartford, CT?

22. Brian

October 28, 2009 at 2:37 am

In NYC, expect a bunch of red sox fans to join up with Phillies fans. We might not have a ton in common, but a mutual desire to see the yankees fail is there. Gonna come to shorty’s and eat some of your cheesesteaks!
    Go Phillies!!

23. Pingback: iSportacus » Blog Archive » World Series Food and Drink Specials

24. Bloom

October 28, 2009 at 1:13 pm

I live in Ft Lauderdale and will be hitting Parrot Lounge tonight and tomorrow night. I am originally from Philly area and I must say the Parrot is an incredible place for any philly fan to attend when in south florida. I will be in Orlando this weekend and plan on going to the ESPN club in Disney Sat night. ANy other philly fans gonna be there?????

25. Georgie

October 28, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Grrrumps, you ARE priceless, and it’s particularly cool because you will be wearing your David Wright jersey. I always admire your loyalty to your Mets, not many can maintain that, props to you. Oops, you forgot pitchers and catchers, lol!

I’ll be watching from my warm living room wearing my Reading Phils Ryan Howard tee which was a give-away at one of their games this year, but has brought them (and esp. Ryan) luck so far, been wearing it for almost every playoff game. Just washed it, I really debated about that but I did it, yikes!

26. Jodi

November 3, 2009 at 7:06 pm

I saw someone already asked this question but … Are there any good places in Hartford, CT to catch the Phillies?

I don’t want to drive 2 hours to Boston to watch the game but would like to be among other Phil’s fans in Connecticut.