Phillies Nation Podcast: Episode 11 – Phillies Nation
Podcasts

Phillies Nation Podcast: Episode 11

Welcome to the Phillies Nation Podcast!

Joining Pat Gallen on the podcast is Comcast SportsNet’s Michael Barkann.  Following up on our offensive preview from last night, Pat and Michael breakdown the pitching matchups and discuss the roster decisions made by Charlie Manuel, including the decision to pitch Cliff Lee over Cole Hamels in Game 1.

Michael was recognized as Pennsylvania’s Sportscaster of the Year in 1999, 2001-2004 and 2006-2007. He brings five Mid-Atlantic Emmy Awards, as well as a great deal of national sports reporting experience to Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia. In addition to hosting Daily News Live,  and CSN’s Pre-Post Game Live programs, Michael often provides reports for SportsNite. His work includes reporting for CBS Sports from the Olympics, as well reporting from the U.S. Open Tennis Championships for the USA Network. Before joining CSN, Michael worked as sports anchor for WLVI-TV in Boston and KYW-TV in Philadelphia.

Click here to listen Phillies Nation Podcast – Episode 11

1. Georgie

October 7, 2009 at 11:15 am

I LOVE Michael B, watch DNL almost every day, am a member of the facebook group “Michael Barkann is the Sh!t”, and he reads alot of my e-mails on air. I didn’t even listen to the podcast yet, I got so excited when I saw his pic…

2. SDO

October 7, 2009 at 11:16 am

Look forward to listening to the podcast on my way home – thanks!

October 7, 2009 at 11:36 am

Great podcast… thanks pat

4. Josephine of Haddonfield

October 7, 2009 at 1:37 pm

It’s nice to hear local talent analyze the Phils. Michael Barkann has solid insight. I enjoyed the podcast

5. Mike D.

October 7, 2009 at 1:38 pm

what happened to Michael’s award in 2005?

6. park

October 7, 2009 at 9:51 pm

I think we’re all familiar with Michael B and his curriculum vitae.

7. RandyT

October 15, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Hey guys!
    We’ve been doing a Dodger podcast for 3 years now and we went video this year. We had a Cardinals podcaster and Rockies podcasters on our shows during the playoffs. How about you?
    We would love to do several audio exchanges with you at some
    point(s) during the NLCS. We record M, W, &F during the seasons and playoffs. We go once a week in the offseason. Let me know if you are game. If so, why not record about 5 mins. of your views about YOUR team and email them to me. Then we’ll do the same. During the NLCS we’ll be heard on each other’s podcasts! What do you think? I like how it brings your team to our podcasts and we hope to bring some Dodger flavoring to YOUR podcasts too.
    Thanks and good luck!
    Baseballingly yours,

Randy T.
    LA Dodger fan since 1958
    co-hostof “Let’s Talk Dodgers”
    become a fan on facebook, seach for “Let’s talk Dodgers”

and PS we’d love to hear from some PHILS fans too. If we get an email or a facebook mail piece from you, we’ll send you something cool like an mp3 of a Dodger or Phillies home run, etc.!