Posts

Vote for Phillies Nation in the Elite Eight!

UPDATE: Please help by emailing the people in your contact list (gmail, yahoo, aol, etc.) to help get the vote out. Click here to send a message to all your friends.

In case you haven’t heard, Phillies Nation is currently competing in a bracket to determine the best Phillies blog in the world. We were thankful to get a 1 seed, but have our eyes set on winning the whole thing.

Today, Phillies Nation takes on one of its biggest rivals in the blogging game, “The Fightins.”  Meech and the Boys over at Fightin’s have a huge following and have used it to their advantage through the first few rounds, garnering some high tallies. BUT, with YOUR support, we can move on to the Final Four today!

RIGHT NOW, VOTING FOR THE ELITE 8 is OPEN!!. Please take a few seconds to visit The Phield and cast your vote for Phillies Nation.

Vote for Phillies Nation by clicking here

1. Kevin from Macho Row

March 23, 2010 at 9:51 am

Good luck today! I already cast my vote for you this morning. If chalk holds your next match-up should be a good one!

2. SteveW

March 23, 2010 at 10:35 am

Beerleaguer didn’t make the field??? Huh???

3. Mike

March 23, 2010 at 10:44 am

No Beerleaguer????? This kind of snub is a travesty!

4. Pat Gallen

March 23, 2010 at 11:17 am

Beerleaguer made the field guys. We just have a picture of our bracket. There are still 3 other brackets. Click on the link to the page and take a look.

5. JB

March 23, 2010 at 11:20 am

Beerleaguer is in a different region

6. Don M

March 23, 2010 at 12:38 pm

the thing about PhilliesNation vs. the other blogs . . . . is that the “comments” make PhilliesNation cool

its user-friendly . . . people can read other posts, comments, etc..

something like The Phillies Zone, etc.. I only actually care what the beat writers, write.. not what the random people comment about.

Here.. I actually want to see what other people think about things

7. Chuck

March 23, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Yeah, there’s great articles on some of the other blogs. You can get a nice broad range of opinions by reading some of those. But it’s nice to able to see what others are saying on here (even mikemike and Jeff).

It also seems to me that most of the people that comment on here really take the Phillies seriously, take the time to at least try and respond intelligently. It makes for more of an interesting “dialogue” between all of us…..and that’s great! And that’s not meant to bash the folks commenting on the other blogs…..it’s just different here.

Sometimes, too, I’ve noticed that the conversation on here is pretty “live”, happening almost in real time. Not that I’m against responding to someone that posted a comment 3 hours ago. That’s ok too. The quick responses though make it like you’re almost having a CONVERSATION with a few of your fellow commentors.

As always, great job Pat Gallen and Co.!!

8. Jim

March 23, 2010 at 1:40 pm

This has been great. I never knew these other phillies blogs existed. I really only read this one (and i plan on continuing) but its nice to know about the other ones

March 23, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Exactly my thoughts, Chuck.

I love this blog.

10. Pat Gallen

March 23, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Thanks guys, great having you on here to help make us the best blog.

Spread the word if you can, get everyone you know involved in the vote.

11. The Original Chuck P

March 26, 2010 at 8:23 am

A lot of bromance going on here this morning… feel like I’m in a bizarro world or something. Next thing you know, Chuck and Burrgrundy will be coordinating outfits/tailgate grub for the home opener (which is 17 days away).

Paint the town red baby…

HALLADAY!

12. Don M

March 26, 2010 at 10:41 am

Just Voted.. holler

funny thing.. just two weeks ago, I found out that the guy that runs THE FIGHTIN’S . . . is a coworker of mine!

We’re all Baseball’d up here at work, even more than I knew!

13. Chuck

March 26, 2010 at 11:04 am

I work with women….they could give a rat’s you-know-what about baseball. And they HATE it when I put the Phillies on the radio.

——

If Burrgundy and I had to organize a tailgate party I’m not sure how that would work out….He would probably complain about everything I did.

Oh, that’s right….we’ve made “peace”.

March 26, 2010 at 11:08 am

VOTED

15. The Second John

March 26, 2010 at 2:57 pm

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

Seriously, The fightins blog vs Phillies nation blog is going to be a good matchup

16. Phan in TN

March 28, 2010 at 10:15 am

Yup, I voted.

17. Chuck

March 28, 2010 at 10:48 am

My vote is cast!!

18. John K

March 28, 2010 at 10:56 am

my string of votes for philliesnation ends here – the fightins is second only to pp in my opinion

19. BurrGundy

March 28, 2010 at 11:16 am

just voted — PHILLIES NATION #1

20. BurrGundy

March 28, 2010 at 11:23 am

Hey Chuck — just because you work with women, doesn’t mean you have to act like one………Just kidding. Couldn’t let that pass. Peace !!

21. The Second John

March 28, 2010 at 11:58 am

This is the Phield Twitter:

UPDATE: @The700Level has a solid lead over @PhuturePhillies … @philliesnation has fallen behind a bit more vs. @TheFightins #ThePhield

March 28, 2010 at 12:30 pm

VOTED again

23. John

March 28, 2010 at 12:49 pm

u guys dont stand a chance against the Fightins

24. Blaise

March 28, 2010 at 1:47 pm

1. The Fightins
    2. Phillies Nation

The Fightins is funnier, but I like that Phillies Nation posts more frequently — it gives me something to read. Both are great blogs

25. The Second John

March 28, 2010 at 2:03 pm

26. Joe

March 28, 2010 at 2:18 pm

The Fightins > Phillies Nation.

27. John

March 28, 2010 at 2:29 pm

28. psujoe

March 28, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Voted. Also voted for phuturephillies. great info on the young minor leaguers.

March 28, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Just got my Opening Day ticket from Phillies Nation.. Can the Fightins do that? No.

Voted again.

30. Bobby D

March 28, 2010 at 7:47 pm

I feared having to choose between my two most frequented Phillies blogs. In the end, I voted for Phillies Nation based on the fact that I’ve been reading here longer and the (usual) respect displayed for the players, the team, and the game itself. The Fightins is great for a laugh but Phillies Nation treats baseball the way I remember it as a kid. Hope that makes sense, tough to put into words.

31. Chuck

March 28, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Peace!!

Go Phillies!!!

32. Shawn

March 30, 2010 at 8:30 am

@manny. If the fightins had a trip planned to a game and ran out of the seats that were promised they wouldve contacted the people to let them know they would be sitting in crappy seats and not in the section promised. Philliesnation failed to do that!!!!