The day after Harry died, a Philadelphia Phillies fan started a petition on Facebook seeking support for a statue to be erected in Kalas’ honor and memory. They’re working to raise $80,000 to build the memorial Harry deserves and will present it as a gift to the Phillies once it’s complete. They’re over 25% of the way there.
On Friday April 23rd, a party will be thrown in Harry’s honor at McFadden’s at Citizens Bank Ballpark to raise money for the statue. The festivities start at 7:30 and Phillies-D’backs game will be on the TVs at 9:40. Tickets are $10 in advance and you must be 21 years old or over to attend. Here’s what’s on offer:
- $3 Bud/Bud Light all night
- $4 Mixed Drinks/Wine
- $1 Hot Dogs
- Joe Conklin will open the event
- Philadelphia Lingerie Football Team appearances
- Local celebrities
- Tons of autographed stuff for silent auction
- Chance to win pair of tickets for the Phillies Nation 8/14 trip against the Mets
- Live Music by HOLT 45!
If you can’t make it on April 23rd but still want to make a donation to this worthy cause, click here.