The Sights and Sounds of Roy Halladay's No-Hitter – Phillies Nation
Posts

The Sights and Sounds of Roy Halladay's No-Hitter

Check out some of the videos I was able to shoot following Roy Halladay’s playoff no-hitter against the Cincinnati Reds on October 6, 2010. I consider myself lucky enough to have witnessed history firsthand, so here are some of the sights and sounds from my vantage point following an amazing performance.

1. Andrew from waldorf

October 9, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Love how Roy talks about Carlos and how he is focused on just winning the game. Theres a reason he is the backbone of this team.
    If the phils would have gotten him those 6-7 more wins he deserved this year (lack of run support) he is a very legitimate MVP candidate.
    The Cy Young is wrapped up.
    Simply the best.

2. JAY-AKA-PHILLYBOY

October 9, 2010 at 3:52 pm

TY PAT-I could watch this over and over!!

3. biz

October 9, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Choooooch!

4. biz

October 9, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Doc is amazing. Better than I imagined.

I want 3 20 game winners next season. Roy2 and Cole with 20ish, Doc with 25.

5. Bruce

October 9, 2010 at 6:16 pm

The video recording of the final out was a bit shaky (from excitement or using a cell phone?). Anyway, you did captured the crowd’s enthusiasm for the last out. Did you noticed the crowd quieted during the anxious moment when Ruiz lunged forward and had to pick up the ball that lied next to the bat on the ground and threw hurriedly from his knees?

6. biz

October 9, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Doc’s last 2 starts, he’s gone 18 innings, 2 hits, 1 walk, 0 ER’s.

7. Andrew from waldorf

October 9, 2010 at 9:55 pm

So much for the Twins.
    No matter what you can never expect them to do well vs the Yankees. Its mental. Ill take rays or Rangers over them in ALCS

October 9, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Would a Yankees sweep change the time of our game Sunday?

9. Andrew from waldorf

October 9, 2010 at 11:29 pm

No. Not that ive heard

10. Andrew from waldorf

October 9, 2010 at 11:36 pm

I dont see hwo they could change it on 22 hours notice. The fans attending and players need more notice.
    I wouldnt mind if it was moved to 5 though. Hard to figure out why they want the Phillies vs the Eagles in prime time. Was baffling when they put them at 7 pm

11. steve

October 9, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Phillies game is now 8:07 pm on TBS

12. Andrew from waldorf

October 10, 2010 at 1:09 am

You are kidding me?
    thats even worse LOL

WOW

October 10, 2010 at 7:49 am

That is what I thought would happen, that we would take the Yankees time slot. They don’t care about NBC’s football night in america, or they wouldn’t have scheduled a game in that slot anyway.

It’s a shame I’ll have to miss the Faith Hill kickoff song, otherwise I don’t care about missing the Eagles w/ Kolb probably getting beat at SF by the 0-4 niners. SF Giants fans won’t care either, half empty Candlestick maybe.

So Forget that, Let’s go Cole Hamels !!!

14. Andrew from waldorf

October 10, 2010 at 11:20 am

The problem is I will probably be forced to watch the Eagles on DVR after the Phillies win. Before that i could just have skipped the Eagles altogether. Stupid technology.

October 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Sorry for being so down on the eagles. My contrarian gambling instincts tell me it’s a trap game. They should not be favored.

Home underdogs playing in a nationally televised night game- usually a good bet. Add to that a desperate 0 win team that was touted as a contender- also usually a good bet. No Vick, etc., etc.

I may lose, but it looks like a good bet to me.

16. karen

October 10, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Wow…….that still makes me almost cry, what a game. 🙂 It is also scary to see how difficult that final play actually was for chooch. I guess in the excitement, the difficulty was minimized until I look back.

17. karen

October 10, 2010 at 4:36 pm

yeah, what is the deal with the start times? baseball should at least try to make it appear that the yankees are the “preferred” team……pathetic.

eww…the tomahawk chop in atlanta. gross

18. Diz

October 11, 2010 at 2:55 pm

This is great. Thanks for posting. I tear up every time I watch it.