Happy Thanksgiving from Phillies Nation – Phillies Nation
Posts

Happy Thanksgiving from Phillies Nation

Happy Thanksgiving Phillies Fans

Happy Turkey day from the entire Phillies Nation crew! Hope you enjoy spending time with loved ones while chatting about the Phillies offseason and beyond (plus watching some football, or course). And make sure you get in a little extra stuffing while you can, we’re just 81 days from Spring Training.

Hey Nation, what are you thankful for?

1. Barb

November 25, 2010 at 10:27 am

I am thankful to be a resident of the greatest sports city ever and for all the “brotherly love”. Happy Thanksgiving, Philly (Phillie) fans. Blessings to all .

November 25, 2010 at 11:02 am

Happy Thanksgiving! -to all the names I can remember;

ActuallyChilled,ACNJ,Andrew,Bacardi,BartShart,BetaSigma,bfo33,Biz,
    BostonKate,BobMyers,BobBucks,branderson,BrianCO,Brooks,bsizzle,
    Chuck,ChuckS,Dan,Dipsy,Geoff,George,Greg,jeff,Jeff,JeffNova,JPB,JT,
    Karen,Kate,keegan,ken,krukdrvr,louposell,Manny,matt,Matt,mattK,Mike,MikeB,MikeD63,MorrisB,mostone,NickGermantown,NJ,OrigCP,Phan,
    pheelinit,PHmike,PHstein,PHTexan,Phylan,PP331,PSUjoe,publius,ray,
    ryan,RyanH,Sam,ScottDC,SweetD,TedBell,Terri,Terry,Tracey,VT.

Same to all those I may have missed,

And of course to Pat and all the fine writers of the best blog- PN.

November 25, 2010 at 11:07 am

Doh!-
    One line was too long and names got cut out by the advetisement-

MikeD63,Morris,mostone,NickGerm,NJ,OrigCP,PhanITO

Anyway I hope you all get a chance to be with loved ones or family and the very best to you.

4. Marc H

November 25, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I am baseball thankful that this nucleus (Howard, Utley, Rollins, Hamel, Halladay and Oswalt) will have 1 more and possibly 2 more cracks at another WS ring before it’s time to rebuild.

I am personally thankful for the health and well-being of my friends and family.

5. Marc H

November 25, 2010 at 12:11 pm

The Phillies hat on the turkey is a nice touch, by the way.

6. Dan S

November 25, 2010 at 12:36 pm

I know this is a baseball blog BUT I’m thankful for not being a cowboys fan this season

7. Greg

November 25, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Thanks, Lefty! Same to you!

8. Bart Shart

November 25, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I’m thankful for living long enough to experience the greatest Phillies teams of all times, and that is right now !!!

9. Chuck

November 25, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Since this IS a baseball blog…and a Phillies blog…

…I’ll go out on a limb and say that I’m thankful for RAJ.

Great job, Ruben. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us as the offseason gets fully underway.

10. Chuck

November 25, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Thanks for the inclusion, Lefty!! Happy Turkey Day to you as well!!

11. JAY-AKA-PHILLYBOY

November 25, 2010 at 1:23 pm

HAPPY THANKS GIVING NATION………………

12. JAY-AKA-PHILLYBOY

November 25, 2010 at 1:26 pm

LETS BE THANKFUL FOR THE PHILLIES “CORE”AND YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE,FOR GIVING US GREAT BASEBALL!!!!!!

13. Shag beta sigma delta

November 25, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all PhilliesNation, Eat a lot of turkey, hope RAJ gets some divine inspiration and finds a RH bat and I am thankful that have trust in him to do the best he can.

14. Bart Shart

November 25, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Thankful also for Phillies Nation and ALL the writers and bloggers who make this a fun place to visit every day….God Bless !!!

15. jeff

November 25, 2010 at 5:19 pm

just love sports. watching aroid and c. diaz in florida on a boat. they are rubbing each other with lotion. laughing it up. eating lobster. guess aroid is so upset about losing during the playoffs. i guess she has to forget about all the bad movies she has to make. we are all on here still not over what happen and this is what million dollar baseball players do. must be nice. like kruk said. only 20 percent of athletes actually care about losing. they get over it quick. this is why i have stopped watching most sports.

OH,,,Howard is the turkey…yea

16. Jeff of Nova

November 25, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Thanks Lefty! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, taking a little break from Baseball chatter, trying to unwind a refreshed new excitement for next season. I check in everyday just keep quiet:)

Taking some time following the birds and Flyers as well!

Thanks for Phillies Nation hope all are enjoying the day!

17. brooks

November 25, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Thanks Lefty! Phillies Nation, you all are great. Whether we see eye to eye or get on each others nerves, this blog gives us a chance to air it all out and really, when you boil it all down, we are Phillies fans! We have one of the greatest bonds from 2008 that will last our lifetimes.

Here’s to 2011, I know it can happen again!

18. JAY-AKA-PHILLYBOY

November 26, 2010 at 10:04 am

ITS NOW THE DAY AFTER-WE CAN TALK ABOUT D. BROWN GOING 1-12 SO FAR IN THE DOMICICAN LEAGUE…………..

19. brooks

November 26, 2010 at 11:08 am

Awe Jay! Spoil my damn after dinner buzz man! = <

20. Kate

November 26, 2010 at 11:39 am

Jay, I think Dom Brown would be doing better if he’d been getting more playing time…

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

And I’m still thankful for the roller coaster ride that was the Phillies season in 2010. From third place and two games over .500 in the middle of the season to the fourpeat and Game 6 of the NLCS. Still a fantastic season for Amaro, Manuel, and the guys.

21. Dan

November 26, 2010 at 2:34 pm

“I think Dom Brown would be doing better if he’d been getting more playing time.” I agree with this. He hasn’t seen much real pitching I guess since early August when Victorino came back. I liken this to the struggles Utley and Howard had when they returned from their injuries in 2010. He should start to produce sometime soon. My only concern is that the people down there might bench him if his struggles continue too long. I’m not sure if they care about players developing but are focused on winning and I imagine Brown needs some reps so riding the pine would not be good.