Moyer to Join ESPN's Baseball Tonight

Jamie Moyer still wants to pitch again. He’ll just have another hobby now as he rehabs his elbow after Tommy John Surgery.

Moyer has joined ESPN’s Baseball Tonight as an analyst and will start tomorrow for Opening Day coverage. The 48-year old had surgery on his left elbow in late November after rehab and throwing routines did not help the ailment.

He’s sometimes known as being rather talky and long-winded, but at the same time is monotone when speaking to the press. Hopefully his knowledge shines through in a TV-friendly manner. We all know Moyer is a good guy, but is seemingly quiet while being talkative. He’ll have to get the juices flowing on the BBTN set.

Nonetheless, a great pickup by ESPN. He’ll bring loads of knowledge and add a new wrinkle to the panel.

Click to comment

March 30, 2011 at 10:07 am

This is FANTASTIC. Can’t wait to watch him on there!

2. philliephanatic

March 30, 2011 at 10:16 am

Won’t be any worse than Al leiter, that guy bores me to tears. Thank got MLB network has Mitch Williams or I’d sleep through all baseball analysis.

3. Bruce

March 30, 2011 at 10:50 am

Good for Moyer! I prefer the soft spoken types. I can’t stand those hypervolume jerks who shouts and demand attention to oneself. It seems to be the trend today and I’m turned off by those clowns.

4. Pat Gallen

March 30, 2011 at 11:00 am

I don’t want him to yell, but sometimes during an interview postgame, you can hardly hear him. Needs to project all that knowledge!

5. tavian

March 30, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I’m really happy for Moyer. He will add a lot to this show. I look forward to watching him.

6. Karl

March 30, 2011 at 4:13 pm

It’s good for Jamie but I think it is a waste of his talent as a pitcher he could be a pitching coach for a aaa team and help develop some young pitchers while he still stays active in the game

March 30, 2011 at 4:49 pm

He joins his father in-law, Digger on ESPN – way to keep the money in the family Jamie

He will have good insights since he has played in both leagues