News

Phillies Nation TV Announces Partnership with Service Electric in Allentown

It started as a seed in the soil. Two seasons ago, I asked Brian Michael to put up the money for an HD Flip Cam. I though nightly/weekly reports from Citizens Bank Park would show that we were THE insider blog. The “Phillies Nation Phancast” was done from time to time (when I could find someone to hold a camera for me) and wasn’t the greatest production in the world. But with that trusty Flip Cam, I was able to get great footage from different angles of the stadium and from different events throughout the season.

Slowly, that seed morphed into a small plant. The small plant became Phillies Nation TV, which Corey Seidman and I shoot on a monthly basis. We began shooting PN TV’s late in the 2011 season and have tried to keep up with it to the best of our abilities. Our hard work and diligence has paid off.

The small plant is now larger than we ever imagined it could be.

We’re excited to announce a new partnership with Service Electric’s 2 Sports in the Lehigh Valley. Phillies Nation TV will go from an 8-10 minute show into a 30 minute program that will be taped once a week and will air three times per week – with days and times to be announced soon. So, those of you in the area of Allentown, Bethlehem, Quakertown, Reading, Northampton, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and parts of Northern New Jersey will be able to see PN TV several times a week, satisfying your need for all things Phillies. You’ll also be able to get it on-demand.

Service Electric Television is a private, family owned cable business servicing over 294,000 subscribers located in approximately 250 communities in Central and Northeastern Pennsylvania and Northwestern New Jersey. 2 Sports, the channel we’ll be on, is the TV home of the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs and Reading Phillies. So we’ll feel right at home covering the Phillies and their minor league affiliates while adding a new dimension to the network.

With this new partnership, we’ll be able to give you greater access to the minor leaguers we’ve come to know and love. We’ll also continue to provide the best Phillies coverage possible.

Needless to say, we’re completely stoked and can’t wait to get started on this newest project. Myself and Corey will continue the hosting duties with Ian, Jay, and all of our Phillies Nation contributors involved in some way, shape, or form. The ideas are already flowing, but of course, we’d love to hear from you. What more would you like to see out of Phillies Nation TV? Please, feel free to leave your thoughts/comments/ideas in the comments section below.

Click to comment

1. delearyous

February 6, 2012 at 10:29 am

this is cool news. to see something that started so small, now develop into something we can watch on tv…

• Pat Gallen

February 6, 2012 at 10:59 am

It’s really so cool. But we’re not done, we hope. There’s still so much more to accomplish!

2. Jonathan Nisula

February 6, 2012 at 11:02 am

This is so awesome!

3. Bill Baer

February 6, 2012 at 11:42 am

Congrats to Pat and everyone at PN for a well-deserved gig. Excited to see what the future holds for you guys.

• Pat Gallen

February 6, 2012 at 11:56 am

Thank you, Bill. Nice of you to leave kind words.

February 6, 2012 at 11:55 am

This is great stuff, congrats! Will the new episodes be available online as well?

• Pat Gallen

February 6, 2012 at 11:57 am

Of course Manny! Same as always (except you’ll just have to sit through a longer episode).

• Manny

February 6, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Sweet! Looking forward to it.

February 6, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Congrats guys, and I like to see more Natalie Egenolf!

• Pat Gallen

February 6, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Haha, there will be more Natalie, we promise!

6. Chuck A.

February 6, 2012 at 1:00 pm

The next step is you guys in the broadcast booth! At least for some guest appearances…

• Pat Gallen

February 6, 2012 at 1:10 pm

That’s what we’re shooting for Chuck!

7. lovinthosephils

February 6, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I’m not sure if you guys have heard or not, but this is what the Nats are trying to do when we come to Nationals park to see the Phillies. I live in the VA area and I can get tickets…just trying to give everyone a heads up if you haven’t heard…

8. Brendan

February 6, 2012 at 2:31 pm

This is freaking awesome! Congratulations to you, Pat!

9. Jay aka Phillyboy

February 6, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Just want to give Congrats to Pat and the whole Phillies Nation crew,Keep up the good work!!

10. EricL

February 6, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Pencil Beard & Smiles for a whole half hour!

I used to have SECTV, but then we moved to another part of town which has apparently been granted a partial monopoly to RCN, which is bullshit. It also means we miss out on CN8 games, so I’m rooting for an epic collapse by the Sixers so they don’t bounce the Phils off my teevee this summer with their stupid bouncey-ball nonsense.

Congrats guys.

• Pat Gallen

February 6, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I’m not sure if that’s a compliment? I guess I’ll take smiles. I have nice teeth. Those braces cost a lot, so I’m proud of them.

Thanks Eric

• EricL

February 6, 2012 at 5:36 pm

It’s in no way derogatory. I’ll admit, I probably should have put more thought into the nickname, but I didn’t want to leave you without one, and the first thing that popped into my head was this picture: http://philliesnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Screen-Shot-2012-02-02-at-12.58.42-PM.png

Plus you always seem like a nice happy dude here, unlike some of us who are, at times, somewhat…abrasive?

I’m open to suggestions though.

Or, you know, I could always go with Pat.
        But what fun is that?

11. Pingback: Kevin McGuire » Blog Archive » Phillies to be broadcast on 94 WIP, stinks for 97.5 The Fanatic

12. TheDipsy

February 6, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Congratulations you guys. Thats really something else.

The Dipsy

13. Mazinman

February 6, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Congrats guys! It’s amazing how this little blog has grown over the years. Any chance that the episodes could be put online for those of us that live in other parts of the world?

• Pat Gallen

February 6, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Of course! It’ll always be on Youtube.

14. Chuck A.

February 7, 2012 at 8:43 am

@ EricL….”epic collapse by the Sixers” ??? “Stupid bouncey-ball nonsense” ???

Guess you missed last night’s game, huh? Too bad as it was a really good one.

Great Philly sports fan you are.

• EricL

February 7, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Of course I missed last night’s game, since, you know, I don’t like basketball. It’s boring and uninteresting. And, judging by their attendance numbers (or lack thereof) I’d say a lot of people feel the same way.

If that makes me a poor Philly Sports fan, so be it. I like Baseball and Hockey, watch football but don’t get too crazy about it, and don’t at all care for basketball. I’d rather watch soccer or lacrosse than basketball.

Of course, I always thought we were on http://www.PHILLIESnation.com, not http://www.YOU_MUST_LIKE_ALL_PHILADELPHIA_SPORTS_TEAMS_NATION.com .

• EricL

February 7, 2012 at 12:57 pm

P.S. – There’s no such thing as a “really good” basketball game. That’s like saying you saw a really fat skinny guy.

15. George

February 7, 2012 at 11:58 am

I’ll again agree with EricL. Basketball IS “bouncey-ball nonsense.” The NBA, to me, is probably the most boring sports organization there is, other than the Paint Drying League. Not only that, basketball is a non-contact sport that allows elbowing, tripping, and shoving even if the rules and the Refs claim otherwise. Bounce, bounce, bounce, shoot, bounce bounce bounce, shoot…for hours! As far as dribbling is concerned, that should be confined to old men with prostrate problems.

• EricL

February 7, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Don’t forget that in the lowest-scoring games each team scores like what, 40-50 times? Which means that for the vast majority of the game each scoring play is about as eventful as a soft fart.

• Lefty

February 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Apparently you’ve never been around me when I let one. Trust me, it’s an event.

• Brian Sr. of CO

February 7, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I think that all depends on which Paint Drying League you are speaking of. Paintball (granted no longer uses paint anymore LOL), can also be called a Paint Drying League after you pelt thr crap out of the opposing team is rather entertaining! LOL. Therefore, the NBA may just be the most boring sports organization there is. LOL

• George

February 8, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I am referring, of course, to the National Paint Drying and Chaw Spitting League. (The Chaw part is never included in official reports; it looks too messy on paper.) It is solely a spectator sport, because the paint itself is the only thing that engages in any real activity. Some might argue that spitting chaw is an activity, but that’s something the fans of paint drying would be doing even without the paint.

Another thing is that no one really cares about which paint is doing the actual drying. There are never signs at games reading “Go, Dutchboy!” or “Sherwin Williams Kicks A$$!”

16. George

February 7, 2012 at 12:00 pm

“Prostrate” should read “prostate.”

17. nm

February 9, 2012 at 11:25 am

What parts of Northern New Jersey? I’m in Parsippany, NJ 07054. Will I be able to watch it?

18. Pingback: Phillies Nation TV | Philadelphia Post