The Phillies begin a nine-game road trip tonight in Baltimore, as they take on the Orioles, then it’s up to Minnesota against the Twins before finally finishing in Toronto against Roy Halladay‘s former team, the Blue Jays. Here are some notes to think about for the upcoming trip:
– The Phillies are 116-137 all-time in interleague play. They lost two of three to the Red Sox earlier this season, but are 19-14 combined in interleague play in 2010 and 2011.
– The Phils are 24-18 all-time on the road against Baltimore, Minnesota, and Toronto.
– Last year’s series in Toronto featured a surreal return to his former home for Halladay. However, Halladay won’t be pitching this time around.
– Joe Blanton, who is scheduled to face both the Orioles and the Twins, is a combined 5-6 with a 4.70 ERA against the two teams.
– The last nine-game, interleague road trip the Phillies had was in 2006 against the Red Sox, Orioles, and Blue Jays. They went 2-7 in those games and were swept by the Red Sox in the process.