2012 Gameday

Gameday: Marlins (63-78) at Phillies (69-71)

Miami Marlins (63-78) at Philadelphia Phillies (69-71)

Wade LeBlanc (2-3, 2.72) vs. Kyle Kendrick (8-10, 3.96)

Time: 7:05 PM, Citizens Bank Park
TV: CSN
Weather: Mostly Sunny, 75
Media: Twitter and Facebook

The Phillies are coming off a huge sweep of the Colorado Rockies.  They’re six games out of the Wild Card, two games below .500, and 8-2 in their last 10 games.  The Phillies will play two last place teams in their next two series: the Marlins and the Astros.
The Phillies aren’t where we expected them to be, and some are counting them out, but for Phillies fans there is still that glimmer of hope.

I don’t know what has gotten into Kyle Kendrick, but he has been on a roll lately.  Since August 14, Krazy K is 4-1 with a 1.53 ERA.  He has 25 strikeouts and 4 walks during that span. Here’s another stat that Phillies Nation’s Corey Seidman tweeted: Kendrick is 5-0 with a 1.78 ERA in last six starts against the Marlins.

LINEUP: Rollins SS, Mayberry CF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Wigginton LF, Brown RF, Kratz C, Martinez 3B, Kendrick P

Red Hook ESBYour Gameday Beer: Innis and Gunn Rum Cask Oak Finish Beer

This excellent make from Innis and Gunn will knock your socks off. It’s not for the faint of heart at 7.4% ABV, but if you relax with a few you’ll enjoy it without the nasty hangover tomorrow. It has a deep red color with notes of fruit, spice, toffee, and oak. This beer was discovered accidentally – they set out to make an ale-flavored whiskey 2002 and instead came up with a Scottish beer. Funny how things work. – By Pat

GO PHILLIES!

Click to comment

1. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Need this game.

Kenny baseball and Chuck and myself are making plans for the parade.

Haters need not apply here.

You know who you are.

• Brooks

September 10, 2012 at 7:15 pm

You enjoy the parade – I’ll be in my seat at CBP perhaps with my last helping of Crab Fries for the year

2. Joey Spagna

September 10, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I SEE YOUR HINEY SO BLACK AND SHINEY
    YOU BETTER HIDE IT BEFROE I BITE IT.

• Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Now we are talking baseball!

3. Brooks

September 10, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Where can you find this Innis beer? Scottish beer actually sounds good

September 10, 2012 at 7:27 pm

It ain’t gonna happen Andrew, but If for some strange reason your party is on, big Mike and I are crashing it dude. I’ll wear a mask, or phanatic suit, or something.

5. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Why start Howard vs a leftie?
    When you have numerous right handed options?

Sorry I want to win the game.

Thats all and ghangis kahn or charles manson can play first for me if you win.

Ill never get this esp with expanded rosters.

6. DCmikey

September 10, 2012 at 7:38 pm

No AFW, you shouldn’t be asking about RH. But asking about the rest of our lineup!!! Where is Juan Pierre?? OUR BEST PLAYER THIS SEASON!!

I don’t care of Orr is decent at 3B, start him over Mary Mart. And how much worse is anyone at LF compared to Ty?!?

Sorry, I should be positive…..it’s frustrating now bc we are CLOSE!!! I believe…

7. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 7:54 pm

DC

Why would you play someone with a .350 sluging average?

And furthur compoud it by hitting him 4th?

Sorry Id like to win and dont care about stars or contracts.

8. Brooks

September 10, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I really don’t want to jinx this game but KK with 6 strike outs and its not the end of the 4th?
    Smoking

9. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Positive Brooks!

Utley may yet be salvagable but needs to be in left next year not 2b.

10. Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Obviously, the Phils have to win this game, but the Reds aren’t helping. Bucs have ’em, 3 zip.

11. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Bucs are in free fall

I am 100% discounting them like I did the mets when they had a 9 game lead.

Dodgers Brewers Cardinals are the opposition

• Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Free fall’s not too far from precisely right.

They REALLY need a win tonight.

12. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Brown would have played every game of 2011 and 2012 if I was running the team.

13. Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Why do I have this feeling that KK is now impossibly gonna pitch even better now with a lead.

Because the guy can drive you to complete delusion.

14. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 8:32 pm

If the phils win

I am watching the Cardinals padres game too

Anyone else in?

• Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Doubtful for me, but thx for still another invite.

15. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Ken if the phillies ever cut this to 2 games Ill do one of my long posts abotu why walks damage a pitcher more than a home run.

• Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Along those lines, sometimes I root for just an extra base hit instead of a homer because the pitcher has to continue to work harder. Like a double with ’em loaded, as opposed to a grand dinger.

2 games out is my new goal.

16. Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 8:55 pm

See if a little jinx works here, powerful jinx artist that I am. The Crew’s Willy Peralta with a no-no, top 3 V the Braves

17. "Big Ed" Delahanty

September 10, 2012 at 8:56 pm

@Brooks: Canals liquor store in Mt. Ephraim, NJ sells it. It is delicious.
    – Big Ed

• Brooks

September 10, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I’ll be at the one in Cherry Hill tomorrow (before the game). I love Scotch and love beer. Sounds like a good mix to me! Thanks Big Ed

18. Brooks

September 10, 2012 at 8:57 pm

KK with a career high in strike outs too – as Howard continues to sink!

19. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Can you blame howard?

Its poor managing

Who hits a guy with a 325 slugging 4th?

this is by far charlies biggest weakness

And 99% of managers would indeed sit howard vs a left handed starter esp with expanded rosters

• schmenkman

September 10, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Evidence, please, on the last sentence.

• The Original Chuck P

September 11, 2012 at 9:26 am

I can’t believe people are bashing Howard… you project out what he has done right now over 162 and you’re talking about 120 RBI and +30 HR. That is what he is paid to do. Forget the batting average… you give me 120 RBI and 30 HR every year and I’m happier than a kid in a candy store. Short-term memory loss, I suppose… maybe you cannot recall the time not so long ago when runs were tougher to come by then Eagles Super Bowl rings.

See ya at sea level… I like it. Keep the Phaith.

• Chuck A.

September 11, 2012 at 9:40 am

Consider the source of the comment.

20. Brooks

September 10, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Good at bat Nate – way to make him work.

21. DCmikey

September 10, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I agree w all of you especially AFW. RH DOES have 40rbi s though. And if anyone says we would be where we are now (improved play) without RH is being silly. But yes AFW he is frustrating. $25 million- WOWWW.

And yes the Cards are not helping us, but if we win, that’s one game closer to .500.

And last note: Cloyd pitching on Wednesday on 3 days rest, ummm…

• Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Think you mean Thursday, versus Houston.

Maybe not, but that’s what I thought I read a couple days ago. Matter of fact, it has to be Thurs, he “pitched” Sunday, if we can call it that.

He’ll be fine.

Reds tied the Bucs. 3-3. Votto, Ludwick-Bruce part of the order Good as the Phils used to have. Braves remain scoreless.

Hasn’t Paps pitched 3 in a row? Could Aumont get the 9th?

• Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 9:43 pm

“Could Aumont get the 9th?”

That is thee stupid thought of the night. Totally forgot Bastardo.

Put em down, Antonio. Let’s wrap this sucker up. Specially since Giancarlo can’t be the tieing or lead run.

22. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I loved Shane and Pence.

IMO Shane and Ruiz are the 2 most important players the Phillies have had the last 5 years.

that said
    losing ANYONE from this stale line up was a positive.
    And something Ive been begging for since 2009

23. Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Start chopping. Braves take a 1-0 lead, T5.

Course the big game the Phils need help in is the Cards V SD, but every little bit helps.

24. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 9:44 pm

basterd

oh boy

25. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 9:44 pm

niiiiiiiiiiiiiice

26. Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Mini playing a good game tonight.

Everybody contributes the rest of the way, however far it might be…start of the parade, middle of it, or end.

Hell, they grab the 2card, and there SHOULD be a parade.

27. Andrew from Waldorf

September 10, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Winner winner chicken dinner

now lets go padres

28. Ken Bland

September 10, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Next stop, sea level.

Next goal, within taking care of the club’s own business, season high watermark of 4 over, which if memory serves, hasn’t been neighborly since 28-25, when they were 1.5 back of the lead wild card end of May.

Hard to believe as inept as they were early on (9-14 in April) that they were that close, and then the bottom dropped out after Doc got hurt.

But the change is solid, and it rools, and rolls, and rolls on.

See ya at sea level tomorrow night.

GO PHILS, and GO KK!!!!!!!!

29. DCmikey

September 10, 2012 at 10:11 pm

@ Ken Bland, yes sorry about that- Cloyd is going Thursday. You were correct.

I love this feeling, at least it’s exciting!! Last year we were cocky at this time even though our bats were bad. This season we are HUNGRY and playing a heart. KK!!- wow wow wow

• Ryne Duren

September 10, 2012 at 11:01 pm

we’re like the water level creeping up the decks of the unsinkable titanic fellas. slow and steady! just hoping the bilge pumps don’t kick in! GO FIGHTENS