Guest Posts

Phillies Ticket Prices for 2013 Season

Phillies spring training games start in just a few days, and taking a look at  Phillies tickets prices for the 2013 season shows some interesting things. This might be hard to believe, but the average price of spring training tickets is higher than that of regular season tickets. According to Seat Crunch, the average price of Phillies spring training tickets is $107.80; almost $50 more than the league average. Tickets range in price from $10 to more than $5,000.

Back at Citizens Bank Park, average regular season ticket prices are closer to $91.50, which is actually a few dollars below the league average. The most expensive regular season home game is the one against the Chicago Cubs on September 1st. The average ticket price is about $150, the cheapest tickets are $27 and the most expensive tickets are $1071 a pop.

The least expensive Phillies game will be the one against the Milwaukee Brewers on June 6th. The average price is about $45. The cheapest ticket is $9, while the most expensive tickets are $556.

1. Bart Shart

February 21, 2013 at 12:44 pm

With rising ticket prices come rising expectations. Do the Phillies realize that we are in a recession? Once, a long time ago, a kid could go to a Phillies game at Connie Mack Stadium, sit in the bleachers and pay a walloping fifty cents. Of course, then,the phils would fight it out with the Cubs for last place each year. But we would get to see players like Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, Sandy Koufax , Juan Marichal, Don Drysdale, Frank Robinson, Ernie Banks, Ernie Broglio, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Hank Aaron, Warren Spahn, Bobby Wine, Stan Musial, Eddie Matthews, Tom Seaver, Choo-Choo Coleman, Dallas Green, Duke Snyder, Johnny Bench, Ted Savage, Roger Freed, Joe Lis,

2. George

February 21, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Years ago, you could also get a Hershey bar for 10 cents or eat at McDonalds (fries, burger, and a drink) and spend less than a dollar. I can remember gas prices of 23 cents per gallon.

That said, I do believe ticket prices are out of hand. That’s probably why TV contracts are going up so much in value. Television and advertising execs must know that an average family can’t afford to attend a game, and will watch it on the tube instead.

• Ken Bland

February 21, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I got Hershey Bars at a dime.

I got gas wars dropping prices in the Cuse circa 1970 to 24, maybe 23, who knows.

But the Biog Mac combo, clrear as day, I paid 1.10 for. And that was letting ’em hold the pickle and onion for future disrribution.

Sixer toix at the Spectrum used to run 2-6 (courtside). I believe Phillie programs were 15 cents, souvenir pencil included. No eraset, mind you.

That stuff in place, I need to switch to the white font so in caser the marketing department at MLB.com reads this, they don’t get no ideas about a price hike.

That package, at between 100 and 120 depending on the level desired is the best value in current American entertainment. Several games a year, maybe more, leave me with a firm conclusion that I got my money’s worth for the entire year. It’ll be a very sad day if they ever try to have their packages keep pace with ticket prices.

• Lefty

February 21, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I used to buy those packages, they’re great, but I find the actual TV package well worth the extra $40.00. The only thing that prevents, is me being here with you, Tracey, Brooks, AFW, etc. I’m hardwired in this house due to signal problems, and too lazy to run up an down the stairs from the big screen.

Any techie’s out there that can help me figure out how to project the cat5 signal on to the big screen would be welcomed.

• Ken Bland

February 21, 2013 at 5:37 pm

“but I find the actual TV package well worth the extra $40.00. ”

Lefty,

Pardon my ignorance, but I don’t think I get what you’re saying. My guess is you mean you get the MLB TV package and can watch it on actual TV as opposed to what I have, which is computer access, but not TV? If that’s the case, I’m only familiar with that through mention, and never have paid attention to it.

• Lefty

February 21, 2013 at 6:06 pm

KB It’s called Extra Innings and yes it’s only available through cable or some satellite carriers.

3. Betasigmadeltashag

February 21, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Really my Sunday package hxbe not gone up in 3 years. CBP is one of the least expensive baseball packs to go to. Plus you can bring in your own food and drinks

4. The Original Chuck P

February 21, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Agree with you, Beta… compare the price of admission of a Phillies game to a Flyers or Eagles game and you’ll see that Phillies tickets are the most reasonably priced and the experience is much more family friendly AND young-adult friendly (how they get the two to mix is beyond me but it works; I can go down with my friends and have a great time or my kids and have a great time). I’m 30 years old, I have four children (all boys) and we go to a lot of games. It’s a priority for us… I’m not swimming in money by any means but we make it work and I choose not to complain because it’s an investment well spent. You can’t argue with the results; it’s obvious that they’re trying to win and they’re trying to give the fans a good experience. You might not agree with some of the moves that RAJ has made but we have a hefty payroll, which means the owners are putting their money where their mouths are and we’re still going to be in the mix despite some lingering concerns. Even when the Phillies lose, I always enjoy time spent at the ballpark.

PS – if you’re daring enough to wait, you can always find tickets last minute on StubHub for dirt cheap… I went to a preseason game last year for $2.50 per ticket and sat five rows off the field.

5. Don M

February 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I never understand the high-end listing for online ticket prices … often you’ll see someone list tickets for $1,500 when the next highest tickets are $200 etc for Diamond Club seats, etc.

Who on earth would pay $5,000 for Spring Training tickets??

6. Bart Shart

February 21, 2013 at 11:34 pm

The Phillies need another Cookie Rojas…..he could play anywhere.

7. brooks

February 22, 2013 at 6:00 am

I tried to post the other day and ‘nutin happened’ –
    This year I gave up my Sunday package but still have my 2 weekday packages in RF. Seat prices have not gone up in 2 years. When I first bought in 04, they were $22 a seat, now we’re at $34 a seat and definitely well worth it. Parking and EVERYTHING else is a mess. As much as I love beer, it costs me just as much for a 12 pack in NJ than it does to buy 2 beers in my seat at CBP. If I drive, I arrive early and park free, bring a 12 pack and a yummy sandwhich.
    When I take the boys, we bring food and water (but there is still the inevitable cotton candy, ice cream… they’re boys).
    I have a bud in Seattle who pays for a 13 game Sunday package, 2 seats in center field, like $13 a seat. So, success costs.