Blueclaws

Phillies Nation TV – Hamels, Halladay and Howard Improving

bell-transparentbgIn the latest episode of Phillies Nation TV, Pat and Corey discuss promising starts by Cole Hamels and Roy Halladay, preview the Reds and Cardinals series, and provide updates on the top performing minor league prospects.

Jay interviews Roman Quinn in Lakewood and we show a clip of his 14-second inside-the-park homer (h/t to Josh Norris of The Trentonian). Ian talks with Matt Provence, Director of Media Relations & Broadcasting for the IronPigs. And of course, Ryann relays the best reader comments and questions in our weekly segment sponsored by BQ Basement Systems.

1. Bart Shart

April 17, 2013 at 3:07 pm

A friend and solid baseball fan tells me that the Phillies are in negotiations with the Texas Rangers. Seems like the Rangers want Cliff Lee and are offering Mike Ault (third baseman) and a strong pitching prospect. Has anyone heard this news besides me?

• Rudy Canoza

April 17, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Seems to be a rehashing of last year’s rumors, but if Texas offered Olt and Profar (instead of the pitching prospect), I’d probably do it.

• Lefty

April 17, 2013 at 3:27 pm

No, this is the first I’ve heard – Interesting, but I would imagine that if Lee has a list of clubs he could not be traded to, the Rangers would be on that list. Otherwise, why not just stay there.

• Lefty

April 17, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Thank you Rudy, I stand corrected.

• Rudy Canoza

April 17, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I think there have been contracts in the past that allow a player to modify his no-trade list each off season. I guess the bottom line is that despite what is reported, only Lee, his agent, and the Phillies know that list for sure.

• Ken Bland

April 17, 2013 at 4:24 pm

That artcle is from last year. Typically, when a player has a partial no trade on a multi-year deal, the player updates it around November if they choose to. So I was told, suggesting there are no specific dates.

Whether Cliff altered his from last year, I have no idea, nor do I have an idea who was on it last year.

The reason the starting lineups are posted from last night is simple. The game is technically still in progress. Looking further down the screen, you can see no lineup for another Phillie Red game (today’s) isn’t posted. As of the start of this post anyway.

Aumont’s the “starter.” when the action picks up.

2. Bart Shart

April 17, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Excuse the spelling…..it’s “Mike Olt.”

3. Jay Floyd

April 17, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Not even close with those Cesar Hernandez stats. He doesn’t have anything near 3 HR/17 RBI, in fact he has 0 HR and 3 RBI. Didn’t bother to check the others, but watch out TV team! We gotta be on point.