Transactions

Rosenberg Recalled, Valdes Optioned

http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/lvironpigs_impact/photo/11245110-small.jpgAccording to all the usual suspect beat writers and the Phillies, LHP Raul Valdes has been optioned to Triple-A Lehigh Valley and RHP B.J. Rosenberg has been called to take his place. Valdes was at best mediocre in 2013 and at worst completely ineffective, with a 7.65 ERA and a 1.55 WHIP, allowing 10.8 H/9 IP.

Rosenberg, 27, has been mildly effective as a starter this year for the IronPigs, going 1-3 with a 4.30 ERA in seven starts. As Matt Provence points out, Rosenberg was sharp in his most recent start, picking up the win after seven scoreless innings pitched on 5/12 against Durham.

May 17, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Does anyone think they might give Rosenberg a start next Tuesday if Lannan is still not back? As Ian points out, he was a starter in LV. Can he keep us in a ball game for 4 or 5 innings?

• Ian Riccaboni

May 17, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I absolutely believe that this is the case – thank you for pointing it out! Cloyd just gave up 7 ER, including 4 HR, in 3.1 IP in his last start so I think this is where they are headed.

2. Jaron B

May 17, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Didn’t Valdes have a good outing his last 2-inning appearance?

3. "Big Ed" Delahanty

May 17, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Valdes is down where he belongs. Love to see us get rid of Durbin. Why not give Adam Morgan a start and a shot? Got nothing to lose. Lol.

• schmenkman

May 17, 2013 at 5:17 pm

If he was lights out in AAA and had nothing left to prove, maybe. But he has a 7.93 ERA in his last 5 starts (20 runs in 22.2 IP).

4. Xterme Antler Reviews

July 17, 2013 at 2:57 am

Hi would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using? I’m planning to start my own blog
    in the near future but I’m having a hard time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely
    unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!