Darren Daulton Diagnosed with 2 Brain Tumors – Phillies Nation
Analysis

Darren Daulton Diagnosed with 2 Brain Tumors

Darren Daulton, the man everyone knows as Dutch, needs a little support.

One of my favorite players growing up, and an occasional co-host on 97.5 the Fanatic in Philadelphia, Daulton, 51, has been diagnosed with two brain tumors. He will have surgery early next week to have them removed.

The official statement from The Fanatic:

Darren Daulton has not been feeling well over the past two weeks. He went to the doctor who discovered two brain tumors and is scheduled for surgery early next week.  Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this difficult time. Of course we want to respect his privacy at a time like this, but if you would like to send him get well wishes you may do so at dutch@975thefanatic.com

I’m lucky enough to call him a co-host and a friend. He’s a guy I looked up to as a kid and continue to enjoy as an adult. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.

Please reach out as he’ll be reading the emails you send to the address above. Right on.

1. Janice

June 27, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Dutch was and still is my favorite Phillie. My thoughts and prayers to him and his entire family through this difficult time! You were always tough playing ball, now just focus on being tough to make it through the surgery and recovery!! Your fans are behind you 100%!!
    Love you and get well soon!!

2. Janice

June 27, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Our hearts are truly saddened with the news of Darren’s diagnosis. We extend our thoughts and prayers to Darren and his family. We pray that your procedure next week has good results.

3. Carolyn

June 27, 2013 at 3:46 pm

with all the New technology out there my friend I wish you all the support and love you can get. Your fellow Philadelphian’s are behind you 110%

4. Fred

June 27, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Good luck Darren. I will keep you in my prayers. Hope everything goes well.

5. slw

June 27, 2013 at 3:56 pm

You are my favorite Philadelphia player!!! Best wishes to you and your family during this trying time in your lives!!!! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Good luck with surgery and hope for a quick recovery!!!!

6. Tracy

June 27, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Omg this is horrible!!!! Prayers w the dutch!!!!

7. Jeff

June 27, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Kick it’s ass Dutch. You are my fav Philly of all time. Beat it like you beat the braves in 93.y prayers for you and your entire family. God bless you. The phillies family is behind you.

8. Janis

June 27, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I’m so sorry to read this article. He was such a wonderful ball player. Please know I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless you.

9. Dave

June 27, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Absolutely terrible news. We’re praying for you Dutch!!

10. jaime

June 27, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Get well soon

11. hk

June 27, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Thoughts and prayers are with Dutch.

12. Boto

June 27, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Get well soon!

13. Pamikedc

June 27, 2013 at 4:38 pm

May God be with you during these tough times. And may HE bless the surgeon (and his hands) who performs the surgery on you in Christ Jesus’ name- AMEN!

• Sage10

June 27, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Amen!

14. Sage10

June 27, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Dutch, I was a huge phan of yours since high school…I was also a catcher from my softball team and #10. I grew up watching you and cheered you to the World Series in ’93. I will be praying for your health and recovery…know that your phans are 100% behind you. BEAT THIS THING!

15. Stan Kulikowski

June 27, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Best of luck as you begin this journey. Keep a positive attitude to help you through the rough road ahead. I am proof that you can come out the other side and recover.

16. Tony

June 27, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Sad news one of my favorite players our prayers are with you god bless

17. Jan

June 27, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Prayers are with you. Darren, you will always be my favorite Phillies player!! The games were so fun to watch because the players had fun. I also learned alot about baseball because we watched all the time. Blessings to you and your family

18. Scooter

June 28, 2013 at 12:59 am

Heal up, Dutch. Prayers aloft!

19. Dave

June 28, 2013 at 7:55 am

Dutch

IF THEY ONLY KNEW…

Get well soon.

20. Johanna

June 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Met Dutch at the Dave Matthews Band Caravan in Atlantic City – and I happened to have my Phillies hat which he graciously signed. What a nice nice man – I feel awful for him and his family.