2013 Gameday

Gameday: Phillies at Tigers

Philadelphia Phillies  at Detroit Tigers

Jonathan Pettibone (5-4, 3.97) vs. Rick Porcello (7-6, 4.49)

Time: 1:08 PM EST, Comerica Park
Weather:  Chance of rain, 70
TV: PHL 17
Media: Twitter and Facebook
Tickets: Philadelphia Phillies tickets

The Phillies play one more in Detroit before heading home to f ace the San Francisco Giants.  The Phillies hope to end this road trip on a positive note.

Rick Porcello had a pretty solid rookie year in 2009.  He still is a decent end of the rotation starter, but hasn’t been as strong as he was during that rookie season.  This year, he averages a hit per inning, but does not walk many batters. Since 2009, Porcello has really improved in the strikeout department.  He had a very slight decrease in strikeouts from 2009 to 2010, but since 2010 his strikeout totals have increased.  During is rookie season, he averaged 4.7 strikeouts per nine. This season, Porcello is up to 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings.

1. Andrew from Waldorf

July 28, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Tough to watch the 6th inning.

Guy cant catch a fly ball. Pitcher cant throw a ball to a base on a sacrifice.

It is what it is.

I feel very bad for the old man. With the damage Dummy Amarao Junior is doing this team isn’t going to win for a very long time. Keeping him around and making him watch and manage this mess isn’t fair. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Just seems like cruel and unusual punishment. The old man deserves better.

2. Andrew from Waldorf

July 28, 2013 at 3:18 pm

The 3 errors and the play of this 6th inning may be the single lowest point Ive ever witnessed as a Phillies fan. I only go back to 1980 though.

But I don’t think ive ever seen anything like this.

And I do watch the little league world series.

3. Dave

July 28, 2013 at 3:26 pm

This brings up memories of the late 80’s Phillies teams and most of the 90’s teams. Obviously, the losing streak will stop at some point, but they could lose another 7 or 8 in a row….they’re that bad.

July 28, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I went to walk the damn dog! What the hell happened?

• Ryne Duren

July 28, 2013 at 3:36 pm

lefty it’s a lot easier to just blame the dog. lol . my dog is gone now but we have 4 cats. i’m blaming them .

5. Andrew from Waldorf

July 28, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I thnk that may be the worst inning in franchise history.

3 errors. Dropped pop ups.

2 walks with the bases loaded.

A grand slam.

I am not giving it justice.

They had 2 hits.

8 unearned runs.

1 hit a bunt the other hit a grand slam.

Wish I did DVR id go back and watch that one again.

6. teejvee

July 28, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Andrew,I think you’re forgetting the 96 LLWS where Europe made 6 errors in one inning vs. Curacao.