News

Phillies Game Postponed

Hamels has been a victim of poor run support all season. (Photo: AP)

Tonight’s Phillies game versus the White Sox has been called due to torrential downpours that have turned Philadelphia into one giant puddle.

They have scheduled a doubleheader for tomorrow. Tomorrow’s game, originally with a 4:05 p.m. start time, has been moved up an hour, starting instead at 3:05 p.m.. Tonight’s postponed game is scheduled to begin at 8:15 p.m. tomorrow night.

Tickets for tonight’s game will be honored for the second game tomorrow.

As of this post, starters for either team in tomorrow’s doubleheader, and which game they will start, have not yet been announced.

UPDATE (6:54 p.m.): The Phillies have announced that Jonathan Pettibone will start the day game while John Lanna will start the nightcap.

July 12, 2013 at 6:34 pm

So the second game is right in the middle of the stinking FOX block window, and will be blacked out to everyone outside of Philly, just great. I guess it’s the only way they could have done it.

• Ian

July 12, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Watch it on the net 🙂

July 12, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Update from Gelb, looks like the second game won’t be on in Philly either. Either Fox’s stranglehold on baseball, or rain should be outlawed, one of the two.

• Chuck A.

July 12, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Good thing I have tickets for that game then. Started driving down tonight and got the word about 6:30 as I’m sitting in rainy traffic on 95. Lovely way to spend almost 3 hours of my time.

3. mary pat

July 12, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Latest word is they’re both on CSN. Phillies petitioned Fox and they agreed.

4. Mike P

July 12, 2013 at 9:27 pm

It’s slightly depressing watching Cosart blanking the Rays right now. Tommy Joseph better be worth it, Pence sure wasn’t.

5. Pamikedc

July 12, 2013 at 9:29 pm

@Chuck A, could have been worse..I was departing DC for Allentown and was stuck on 81N heading towards 78E for 2 hours and moved 3 miles. And my phone batt was at 6%. I could have ate my steering wheel.

GO PHILS!!