2013 Gameday

Gameday: Rockies (58-68) vs. Phillies (55-69)

Colorado Rockies (58-68) vs. Philadelphia Phillies (55-69)

Jorge De La Rosa (12-6, 3.22) vs. Tyler Cloyd (2-2, 3.41)

Time: 7:05, Citizens Bank Park
Weather: 77, cloudy
Media: Twitter and Facebook
Tickets: Philadelphia Phillies tickets

“They won yesterday. And then they won again today.  That’s two wins a row.   You know what they call that?  They call that a winning streak!”  -Charlie D., a 9-year old Philadelphia sports enthusiast.

The Phillies will try to build on that “winning streak” tonight.  With John Lannan on the disabled list, Tyler Cloyd returns to the major leagues.  In his last seven starts in Triple-A, he is 4-1 with a 1.33 ERA.

Meanwhile, Jorge De La Rosa is having the best season of his 10-year career.  Usually, De La Rosa averages an ERA around 4.50 and has trouble limiting base-runners.  De La Rosa has turned things around thus far in 2013.

Lineup:  SS Rollins, C Ruiz, 3B Utley, LF Brown, 1B Young, RF Ruf, 3B Asche, CF Mayberry, P Cloyd.

1. Ken Bland

August 20, 2013 at 7:38 pm

That was a fun inning. It made me think of whatever happened to Denny Walling. HE, I could handle finding out. It’s Terry Puhl I dodn’t ever wanna hear about again.

And as a bonus for the inning, I got to hear Larry Greene bop a double. Hip hip HOORAY!

2. Pamikedc

August 20, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Funny how all those phillies websites were touting Cloyds recent play lately.

Will he ever be MLB ready?

3. Ken Bland

August 20, 2013 at 7:40 pm

From the book “How to Cheat Your Way to Correct Answers,” as if he hasn’t done enough for the Rox ‘chise, the only Rox to ever record an unassisted triple lay is Tulo Troywitski.

4. Andrew from Waldorf

August 20, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Was making a spaghetti dinner and had the game on in the background.
    5-0 Rockies

So much for a 2 game winning streak.

Also Mets winning vs Braves.

Nap time or will hope the Braves can come back.

Stop with the Doc talk Ken,
    I love Doc. I want Doc to do well.

But in our situation with a complete moron as the GM if Doc pitches well he will throw an outrageous contract at him.

I cant take that next year.
    The last 2 years are enough.

If they fired Burger King Ruben maybe and had a real GM who would do a decent job I could be happy about Doc doing well.

• Ken Bland

August 20, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Have to follow the Doc story. If it’s the end, the man deserves my attention for whatever’s left.

If he regains a form of quality, it’s a good story.

Kinda wish he had the brains not to come back with the Phils, but ya never know.

5. Ken Bland

August 20, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Ryno really likes to have his pitchers bunt. Gotta start somewhere, but at 5-zip? At least he has a semi hitter leading off tonight.

6. Ken Bland

August 20, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Jimmy Rollins just scored a run.

There is a powerful, powerful series of baseball gods that work miracles.

7. Andrew from Waldorf

August 20, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Mets still up 1-0

Wheeler Gee and Harvey probably beat me this year

and the next few years.

• Ken Bland

August 20, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Harvey pitches against Detroit Saturday. I know you’re in it to win it, and I hope you win, but I just like good baseball, and that should be a fascinating matchup. Or a good one, anyway.

8. Andrew from Waldorf

August 20, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Marlon Byrd with the Bomob

4-0 Mets

McCann with a crucial error

I still don’t think you should have an offense first catcher and I will never believe that.

No McCann no Piazza for me. Ever.

come on Phillies need to keep pace

9. Andrew from Waldorf

August 20, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Byrd has tested positive before.

just saying

10. Ken Bland

August 21, 2013 at 2:31 pm

That didn’t take long. One minute Roger Bernadina is officially released, the next minute, he’s a Phillie. Almost literally. Decent sign. Gives him 5 weeks todisplay he’s probably not the answer, or pull a mild upset and show that he can help.

See ya, Minnie. Thanks for the memories.

• Ken Bland

August 21, 2013 at 2:48 pm

“Bernadina was contacted by 12 different teams upon his release, according to The Washington Post.”

Not that 12 teams can’t be wrong, but that’s telling enough to keep an open mind.

11. click here for more

August 27, 2013 at 12:55 am

Suffer from kidney disease? aussie naturopath tells all – how hos patients avoid dialysis
    click here for more https://twitter.com/iansolobook/status/366206974729261057