Posts

MLB Postseason: Who Are You Pulling For?

The Phillies haven’t played a meaningful baseball game since before the All Star break, so we’ve had a pretty good look at the playoff-caliber teams around the league. You know the players, you know the storylines. Now, we ask — who ya got?

Vote below, let us know who you are rooting for in the MLB Postseason.

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment. Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

1. Hogey's Role

October 3, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I’m pulling for the a’s… personally I’d like to see billy beane win a championship with his minuscule payroll

• Ken Bland

October 3, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Not to take you literally, but…

2013 MLB payrolls

Oakland $68,577,000
      Pittsburgh $66,289,524
      Tampa Bay $57,030,272

Those are not taken directly from Cot’s or Baseball Reference, so not sure on the accuracy

October 3, 2013 at 4:18 pm

A’s all the way!

3. Chuck A.

October 3, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Who the hell voted for the Braves???

• schmenkman

October 3, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Chipper has a lot of free time now, maybe it’s him. Cheating on his wife and making a fool of himself on twitter can only take so long.

4. Pamikedc

October 4, 2013 at 1:46 am

Lets go PA!!!

And AL- I don’t care, A’s or Rays

5. jake

October 4, 2013 at 7:38 am

Pirates! But for the Pens, I got not one problem with Pittsburgh. Underrated city, good sports fans, long dormant baseball team with a great stadium. What’s not to like.

In the AL, Tigers. I just love me some Miggy. I could watch him hit all day. O. Wait I did. (Last week I was in minneapolis and bought a 8 dollar ticket to the game between the Tigers and Twins. I knew I couldn’t stay for the game so I just watched batting practice and checked out the stadium. The goal was to see Cabreara bat. And boy did he.)

• Ken Bland

October 4, 2013 at 12:35 pm

good stuff, and good sentiment. You said Pitt is an underrated city…maybe you meant all around, or sports in general, but I feel strongly it’s a very underrated baseball town. I base a good amount of that in the observation that a lot of fans there demonstrate a knowledge of the club’s history.

It’s not a Johnny come lately type m,entality.

Good Miggy stuff. Love watching him hit. A buck for his batting practice is as blue light special as it’ll ever get.

6. Don M

October 4, 2013 at 11:17 am

I hate the Dodgers a lot more than I hate the Braves … and I’m pretty sick of the Cardinals and Red Sox too.

Pirates, A’s, Rays, Tigers, Braves, Red Sox, Cardinals, Dodgers … in that order.

7. BetaSigmaDeltaShag

October 4, 2013 at 1:14 pm

The ace of always been my American league team so I hope they make it to the World Series and you got to go with the Pirates great stadium good baseball fans and haven’t been in a long time you can’t back the Braves or the Cardinals that matter nationally

8. Bruce

October 5, 2013 at 12:26 am

I’m not to going to pretend and play the role of the odds maker and dole out statistics to defend any choices (smile). Besides, avanced stats means very little in a short playoff series especially when a hitter or pitcher suddenly gets hot and carry a team.

My picks are strictly subjective (and sentimental perhaps) when naturally I would pick the buccos in Pittsburgh for no better reason than they are from Pennsy (smile). That takes care of the NL pick.

It’s almost a toss up for me in trying to choose a AL team. I would like to see the Detroit Tigers hitting machine, Miguel Cabrera. He with 44 HR (2nd), .348 BA (1st), 137 RBI (2nd) and better than his totals of last year when he won the Tripe Crown! He would be exciting to watch in the playoffs and the World Series. On the other hand, there are those bearded wonders, Bosox and their historic Fenway Park. In addition, what Phillies fan would not like to see Shane Victorino again go into high gear come playoff time? He has been a vital part of the team’s success on offense AND defense.

My AL pick? I want to see Victorino do his thing in the playoffs and so I’ll go with the Bosox.

• Bruce

October 5, 2013 at 12:33 am

Sorry for the spelling errors. It’s past midnight and eye weary and seeing double (chuckles). I wish this site has a edit feature for the original comment like the one on my Facebook page.

9. R.D.

October 5, 2013 at 11:34 am

Couple of ex-LHV players in those top picks… former SI cover boy Jason Grilli, and Brandon (“Oh, I’ll just pie myself!”) Moss.