2014 Gameday

Gameday 114: Astros at Phillies

phillies

other

Houston Astros (47-66) at Philadelphia Phillies (50-63)

Starting Pitchers:
HOU: Brad Peacock (3-7, 4.93)
vs.
PHI: David Buchanan (5-5, 4.40)

Time: 7:05, Citizens Bank Park
TV: CSN
Weather: Thunder storms, 82
Media: Twitter and Facebook

A Note for Tonight:

If you are a fan of free baseball than you must love the 2014 Philadelphia Phillies. The Phillies won in the 15th inning last night against the Houston Astros 2-1. That is the fifth game this season that has gone 14 innings or more which ties a 1958 franchise record. The Phillies currently lead the Major Leagues in innings played. Lucky us!

The Phillies will be facing former top prospect Brad Peacock, who has never put it all together at the Major League level. Opposing hitters are teeing off on Peacock this season hitting .272. Because this has the makings of a big Phillies win, Peacock will likely go out and pitch a no-hitter.

Lineup: Revere CF / Rollins SS / Utley 2B / Howard 1B / Byrd RF / Sizemore LF / Nieves C / Asche 3B / Buchanan P

1. bacardipr05

August 6, 2014 at 5:49 pm

looking at our record is just disheartening i thought they would at least float around .500

August 6, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Howard is on fire

3. Ken Bland

August 6, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Nola and Biddle both going tonight. Best I can tell by following Gameday, mixed review for Nola through 3. Not getting many grounders, 2 K’s, 1 of ’em swinging. Mostly strikes, about 25 out of 35 pitches. Seems mixed, but more decent than not.

Seems like a decent first outing.

Nice blue light special when ya think about it, for 12.99 you can see Nola, Biddle and Franco the rest of the month on MILB TV.

August 6, 2014 at 8:37 pm

It looks like Utley is coming out of his slide too.

August 6, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Oh yeah, the 3and 4 hitters are back tonight. Let’s hope it’s at least a bit of a trend. Much more fun when the team is at least competitive in these games, win or lose.

August 6, 2014 at 9:25 pm

And Byrd ends his 0-11 slump too.

• Chuck A.

August 6, 2014 at 9:32 pm

The parade is best watched STANDING somewhere on Broad St. Hopefully, you will be ok by then…

• Lefty

August 6, 2014 at 10:56 pm

My knee will be fine in 2024…. or whenever. It’s a process but getting better every day.

• Tracey

August 6, 2014 at 9:53 pm

The only way we are going to see a parade this year is lying down because we will be dreaming.

7. Tracey

August 6, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I have not abandoned PN; I’m at the game! My friends just left to beat the traffic so I’m all alone (snif!)

8. Tracey

August 6, 2014 at 9:45 pm

OH BABY!!!!!

9. Andrew from waldorf

August 7, 2014 at 12:13 am

Winner winner
    Chicken dinner

So thankful Ruben decided to keep this core together.
    The annual August run has started.

Only 3 games behind the Mets

I think I can
    I think I can

Lefty you can sit on my shoulders for the parade.

• Ken Bland

August 7, 2014 at 5:40 pm

“Lefty you can sit on my shoulders for the parade.”

Ah, the things they post to provide the best of graphic recollections. I remember the selection from the not revolving photo spectrum we used to run that’s still alive, if not as fast to change. The one that accompanied the feeling of this season being SO over. A toilet seat. Some pics require no words, but the words in this case defy that truth. So now we have the verbal addition of what’s on top of what feeling that toilet seat went with.

tags: and one

• Andrew from waldorf

August 7, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Thank you for the continued support Ken.

You can carry the cooler for the parade if you want.

The Hernandez move ( I know is in a different thread)

Its a garbage in garbage out move.
        It is moot.

He is a FA in fantasy and I am not even picking him up and NL west and Dodger pitchers are fantasy gold.

In case there is no gameday thread for Thursday Aug 7th.

Its another must win game for the Phillies.

Only 2.5 behind the Mets.

• Ken Bland

August 7, 2014 at 7:14 pm

You’re welcome, AFW. You got some good spirit not being pissed at me using you as a straight party in that assessment. Nothing malicious intended at you. But the reason I wrote back, speaking of fantasy, is as you probably know, the Braves have fallen off a cliff, and the Phils are actually only 7 games out of 2nd place. Doesn’t matter (well, it might for draft positioning), but it was fascinating to check that and see the small of late spread.

10. Andrew from waldorf

August 7, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Do they have a parade for teams who bring up a skell pitcher who gives up 800 foot bombs vs the Astros?

Wow coming into this game he had given up 37 homers in 224 career IP