Analysis

Halladay Does Ice Bucket Challenge, Defends Amaro on Twitter

Roy Halladay is quite the man. This past weekend, he was in town to help induct Charlie Manuel into/onto the Phillies Wall of Fame. He also took the time to actually go to the Zoo with “Zoo with Roy.”

Today, he’s busy raising money for ALS by taking part in the Ice Bucket Challenge, a new fad making its way around social media circles. With that, he challenged Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. He then wondered aloud, via tweets, why people are on Ruben’s ass all the time.

Halladay has since deleted it, but it was captured in a screen shot by our friend Matt there. Interesting look into the true feelings of a guy who knows Amaro well.

1. BeyondInfinity

August 13, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Easy talking there, I would like the guy who paid me millions too. And besides amaro isnt even the one who put the core of the 08-09 phils on the field

2. BeyondInfinity

August 13, 2014 at 7:52 pm

That said I love the guy so no offense too halladay I just think he can’t really give a neutral statement on raj. But then again me neither

• Skylar0201

August 14, 2014 at 4:22 am

I agree but my beef with Amaro has been the last 2 yrs. I agree with Roy, he did bring him to us, but Ruben fails to move on since 2008. Until Ruben can realize this is *not* the same team ( performance – wise ) we will only continue to play worse and worse and yes, even worse yet.

3. Brian

August 13, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Except Ruben never won a WS as a GM.

4. LCMRSalazar85

August 15, 2014 at 10:28 pm

RAJ never will either. Don’t see him more than a clubhouse attendant.

5. Andrew from waldorf

August 16, 2014 at 12:10 am

Well the I don’t feel sorry for Roys talents being wasted.

If isn’t bothered by it neither am I.

6. Andrew from waldorf

August 16, 2014 at 12:12 am

He isnt even fit to be a clubhouse attendant.