Dave Buchanan gave up just two runs over five innings, but the Phillies spoiled his outing in the sixth. They came back in the eighth to tie it, but eventually lost it in the 12th, 6-5. The game took nearly five full hours. Here are a few notes:
– Jimmy Rollins collected his 450th stolen base of his career after he swiped a bag in the first inning. He stole another bag in the eighth.
– Ben Revere was held hitless, lowering his batting average to .312.
– The sixth inning was an abysmal one for the Phillies all around. Mario Hollands was on the mound, and gave up three runs with the help of two errors. Domonic Brown threw a ball past Cody Asche to allow a run, and then Asche threw a ball away to allow in an additional two runs 2 batters later.
– Ryan Howard hit his 19th home run of the year on a ball that barely cleared the left field wall.
– The Phillies bullpen came into tonight’s game at 2nd in the NL in K%. They continued to strike guys out, as they K’d eight in seven innings.