Welcome to the latest installment of the minor league mash-up for the week of May 14-20.
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs: 23-17
- Reading Fightin’ Phils: 15-24
- Clearwater Threshers: 16-25
- Lakewood Blueclaws: 22-19
- Top prospect Sixto Sanchez looked great in his outing on Friday. He went six innings allowing five hits, one walk and one earned run. Sanchez struck out seven, but unfortunately he suffered the loss as Clearwater was unable to score a run.
- No. 8 prospect Arquimedes Gamboa had a great game for Clearwater on Tuesday. In an 11-10 shootout win, Gamboa went 3-for-5 with three RBI and a triple.
- Cole Irvin had another awesome game for Lehigh Valley. He went six scoreless innings allowing only six hits and a walk while striking out six.
- JoJo Romero had his first good outing of the year, going six innings allowing one run, four hits, and two walks. He also struck out eight. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
- Kyle Young, who is 6’10”, went five scoreless frames for Lakewood on Saturday. He only allowed five hits and no walks. He punched out six.
Having a good year
- Sixto Sanchez is headed in the right direction after a rough start to the season. His ERA is now 3.21 and his WHIP is 1.28. He has struck out 30 batters in 33.2 innings.
- No. 12 prospect Enyel De Los Santos had his first bad outing of the year, but he’s still 4-1 with a 1.41 ERA in seven starts. He has struck out 44 in 38.1 innings and opponents are only hitting .207 off of him.
- No. 23 prospect Cole Irvin is having a great year for Lehigh Valley. The lefty is 4-1 with a 2.81 ERA in eight starts. His WHIP is an impressive 1.08.
Still having a rough time
- No.2 prospect Adonis Medina started hot, but he’s been struggling lately. His ERA is 6.67 in seven starts. Opponents are hitting .292 against him and his WHIP is 1.65.
- Mickey Moniak is still yet to get on track. He’s slashing .221/.240/.255. He’s only walked three times compared to 39 strikeouts.
- No. 7 prospect Franklyn Kilome has a 6.11 ERA in eight starts. His WHIP is a brutal 1.70 and batters are hitting .289 against him.
- No. 13 prospect Tom Eshelman has been having a not-so-good year to date. His ERA is 6.48, his WHIP is 1.85 and his batting average against is .352.