No matter how old you are, Spring Training in Clearwater is a once-in-a-lifetime experience It’s your chance to be field level with the Phillies as they gear up for the season. And it’s your chance to soak in the sun and enjoy a summer vacation at the end of winter.
For those of you going this year, here are some handy things to bring:
- Sunblock. (I can’t stress this enough.)
- Summer clothing. (Shorts will be worn.)
- Autumn clothing. (At least for night, pack a sweat shirt.)
- Small bills and change. (Just in case you find meters, toll booths, etc.)
- A change of “going out” clothes.
- A Sharpie or other permanent marker.
- A Yearbook or Phillies-related player book for autographs.
Of course, bring your enthusiasm and most of all, relax. More than anything, Spring Training is a vacation for the fan. It’s a chance to enjoy something you don’t get in Philadelphia.
And we’re going …
Phillies Nation will be in Clearwater the week of March 14. We’ll be attending games on March 15, 16 and 17 (the 16th being at Legends Field in Tampa, home of the Yankees). Of course, the Phillies Nation St. Patrick’s Day tailgate is before the game March 17 at Brighthouse Networks Field. Come see us there!