Folks, if you missed out on the party, here’s your chance to be involved in the Phillies Nation Opening Day trip to Washington D.C. Phillies Nation, along with our partner radio station 97.3 ESPN FM in South Jersey, is giving away two tickets, including a ride on the bus and a spot at the tailgate. Here’s how to win:
Up until we give the tickets away on April 1st, listen in to the Sports Bash with Mike Gill from 3-7 Monday through Friday on 97.3 ESPN FM or 973ESPN.com. Mike will ask Phillies trivia questions to callers at a specific time in the show (listen in, he’ll tell you when), and if you answer the question correctly, you’ll be entered to win the two spots on the DC Bus trip.
For readers of the site, here’s the added bonus: Below are the questions we will be asking today. Each day we will ask a new set of 10 questions and they will be posted here on Phillies Nation. Be sure to listen in and give yourself a chance to hang with hundreds of Phillies fans as Roy Halladay takes the mound for the first time in DC.
Good luck and remember, the only way to win is to tune into 97.3 ESPN FM or 973ESPN.com from 3-7 today up until the giveaway on April 1st!
Today’s 10 Phillies Trivia Questions:
- Name 3 of the 4 Phillies who have been named NLCS MVP:
- This former Phillie is the oldest player in MLB history to hit a home run.
- This TOP 20 Phillie of all-time has led the team in stolen bases in a season more times than any other player in franchise history?
- Who were the last 2 Phillies to lead off a game with back-to-back home runs. Hint: they still play together:
- Name the only 2 Phillies to hit for the Cycle since 1980:
- In the 2007 NLDS in which the Phillies were swept by the Rockies, the Phils only managed to score 8 runs. Who was the only Phillie to cross the plate more than once in that series?
- Name 2 of the 3 former Phillies that played on the Florida Marlins 1997 World Series team:
- In the epic NLCS Game 4 comeback last season (the one in which J-Roll hit a 2-run double to win it off Jon Broxton) who was the pinch runner that scored the tying run in the 9th before Carlos Ruiz came around to score the winning run?
- Name 3 of the 5 players in the infamous 5-for-1 deal that brought Von Hayes to Philadelphia.
- In 1997, this huge free agent signing managed just 7 at-bats before missing the season after fouling a ball off his foot and breaking it. He had over 200 career home runs before his time in Philly, but couldn’t manage a hit during his quick stint here. Who was this masher ?