It may have been a bit of a rough week for the big club, but it’s time to recap another great week for the Philadelphia Phillies farm system.
- Lehigh Valley Ironpigs: 55-37
- Reading Fightin’ Phils: 43-49
- Clearwater Threshers: 44-47
- Lakewood Blueclaws: 55-36
- Williamsport Crosscutters: 11-17
- No. 3 prospect Adam Haseley made his presence known in Reading as he went 3-4 with two home runs, three RBIs and three runs scored on Friday.
- No. 15 prospect Dylan Cozens is back in Triple-A and he had a big day on Sunday. He went 3-4 with two home runs, three RBIs and two runs scored.
- No. 6 prospect JoJo Romero continues his dominant streak as he went seven scoreless innings on Saturday. He allowed six hits and two walks while striking out four.
- No. 20 prospect McKenzie Mills had a solid start for Clearwater. Mills went seven innings, allowing two runs on five hits and two walks. He struck out eight.
- No. 29 prospect Nick Maton went 3-4 with three RBIs on Saturday for Lakewood.
- Matt Vierling continues to hit. The rookie went 3-4 with a home run, three runs scored and an RBI for Lakewood on Friday.
- No. 9 prospect Ranger Suarez went five scoreless innings on Sunday. He allowed three hits and one walk, while striking out three.
- Adam Haseley hasn’t slowed down since being promoted to Double A. In four games, he’s hitting .385 (5-13) with two home runs. For the season, Haseley is slashing .303/.350/.434 with seven home runs, 14 doubles, five triples, 41 RBIs, 59 runs scored and seven stolen bases.
- JoJo Romero is new to the good list. His ERA is down to 3.80 and opponents are hitting .241 against him. I look for these numbers to continue to go down.
- Ranger Suarez has been lights out lately. In 14 starts between Reading and Lehigh Valley, he’s 5-3 with a 2.55 ERA. He’s only allowed two homers in 84.2 innings of work.
- No. 18 prospect Francisco Morales is 3-0 with a 3.68 ERA in five starts for Williamsport. He’s struck out 24 batters in 22 innings.
- No. 22 prospect Cole Irvin is 8-3 with a 2.89 ERA with a 1.07 WHIP.
- No. 30 prospect Jhordany Mezquita has a 2.50 ERA in four starts for Williamsport.
- Matt Vierling is hitting .374 with two homers and five doubles with eight RBI in 23 games between Williamsport and Lakewood.
- No. 12 prospect Tom Eshelman is 1-7 with a 6.32 ERA in 18 starts for Lehigh Valley. Opponents are hitting .344 against him.
- No. 27 prospect Connor Seabold has been roughed up since being promoted to Reading. In four starts, he has a 6.63 ERA and opponents are hitting .303 against him.
One of the best kept secrets in the Phillies farm system is the Lakewood starting rotation. Although none are top prospects, this group has been very impressive this season:
- Will Stewart, 21, is 6-0 with a 1.25 ERA in 14 starts this year.
- David Parkinson, 24, is 7-1 with a 1.64 ERA in 15 starts.
- Damon Jones, a 23-year-old, is 7-3 with a 2.21 ERA in 15 starts.
- Kyle Young is the exception, as he is a Phillies top 30 prospect (No. 17). He is 3-3 with a 2.98 ERA in eight starts.
- Top prospect Sixto Sanchez’s status has not changed. Hopefully we will see him again this year.
- 2018 top pick Alec Bohm was hit by a pitch in the left knee last week and has not played since. Bohm has been struggling in Williamsport, hitting .174.