Let’s take our weekly look at the progress down on the Philadelphia Phillies farm.
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs: 60-39
- Reading Fightin’ Phils: 46-53
- Clearwater Threshers: 49-48
- Lakewood Blueclaws: 59-39
- Williamsport Crosscutters: 13-22
- No. 2 prospect Adonis Medina was not traded last week and he was stellar in his first start since the rumors died down. He went seven innings, allowing no runs on two hits. He struck out 12, making this by far Medina’s best showing of the season and maybe his career.
- No. 10 prospect Daniel Brito had his best game of the year, going 4-4 with a double, RBI and two runs scored for Lakewood on Monday.
- No. 26 prospect Simon Muzziotti went 3-5 with a run scored for Lakewood on Tuesday.
- No. 3 prospect Adam Haseley continues his Reading tear. He went 2-3 with a home run, two runs scored and two RBIs on Friday.
- No. 7 prospect Franklyn Kilome went 6.2 innings of two-run ball for Reading this week. He allowed six hits and three walks while striking out five. He also doubled twice.
- No. 9 prospect Ranger Suarez went six scoreless innings for Lehigh Valley. He allowed only four hits and one walk to go along with three punch-outs.
- The good news is top prospect Sixto Sanchez is nearing a return, as Ben Badler of Baseball America reported last week.
- Adam Haseley hasn’t slowed down yet. He’s hitting .323 with three homers in 11 games for Reading. Combined with his Clearwater stats, he’s hitting .302 with eight homers, 15 doubles, 45 RBIs and an OBP of .361.
- No. 6 prospect JoJo Romero just hit the DL, but the lefty is 7-6 with a 3.80 ERA in 18 starts for Reading.
- Ranger Suarez continues to impress, as he has a 2.38 ERA in 15 starts between Reading and Lehigh Valley. He’s only allowed two homers in 90.2 innings pitched.
- No. 17 prospect Kyle Young also just hit the DL, but in eight starts for Lakewood, he has a 2.98 ERA and a WHIP of .99.
- No. 22 prospect Cole Irvin continues his nice season. He’s 9-3 with a 2.69 ERA and a WHIP of 1.06.
- No. 23 prospect Luis Garcia is off to a red-hot start with GCL Phillies. He’s hitting .375 with seven extra base hits in 17 games.
- No. 30 prospect Jhordany Mequita has a 2.74 ERA in five starts for Williamsport. He has 25 strikeouts in 23 innings.
- 2018 first round pick Alec Bohm still hasn’t played since getting hit with a ball in his left knee two weeks ago.
- No. 12 prospect Tom Eshelman has a 6.16 ERA in 19 starts. Opponents are hitting .341 against him and he has a WHIP of 1.80. These numbers are actually a bit better than where he was a short time ago.
- No. 14 prospect Cornelius Randolph has played a lot better lately, but for the season, he’s still hitting just .222 with two homers.
- No. 18 prospect Francisco Morales has been roughed up for Williamsport. He has a 5.63 ERA in six starts with a WHIP of 1.67.
- No. 27 prospect Connor Seabold has struggled since being promoted to Reading. In five starts he has a 8.74 ERA and a WHIP of 1.81. He’s allowed eight homers in 22.2 innings.