This past Saturday, Jimmy Rollins held a meet and greet at Dynasty Sports at the Oxford Valley Mall. Fans had the opportunity to take photos with and get an autograph from the former National League MVP. Fans were lined up outside the store an hour and a half before the event began in an attempt to be the first to see the 2008 World Series champion.
There were many different reactions from fans after they got to meet and talk to Jimmy.
One young fan bursted out in excitement after getting Rollins’ autograph, screaming to his parents “that was awesome.” One older fan had tears in her eyes after Rollins signed her No. 11 jersey.
Travis Nenstiel, 27, came all the way from Hazelton, Pa in an attempted to get Rollins’ autograph. More specifically, he got Rollins’ autograph on a seat that once resided in Citizens Bank Park, with the No. 11 on it. Travis said that getting Rollins’ autograph was “surreal.”
Following the event, PhilliesNation.com got a chance to speak to Rollins. The first story from that interview was published Saturday, with Rollins talking about his former teammate Roy Halladay, who was inducted onto the Wall of Fame Saturday. Tuesday, the second piece from that interview will be published. The full interview can be heard on the upcoming edition of the Phillies Nation Podcast.
More From Phillies Nation
- Rollins: I Got To Know Both Sides Of Roy Halladay, Who ‘Had A Big Heart’
- Brett Myers On 2008 Sabathia At-Bat: “His Ball Looked Like A Beach Ball To Me”
- Phillies Nuggets: Next Up For The Wall Of Fame, Bobby Abreu
- Phillies Nuggets: If Not For Machado, Where Do Phillies Look For A Star?
- Phillies Nuggets: Three Years Later, It’s Still Not Clear What The Phillies Got For Cole Hamels
- VIDEO: Carlos Ruiz Unveils Roy Halladay’s Wall Of Fame Plaque
- VIDEO: Phillies Fans Cheer Jayson Werth In 2008 Anniversary Celebration