Aaron Nola will take the mound for the Philadelphia Phillies Saturday night against the Colorado Rockies in the third game of the series at Coors Field, as the Phillies look to avoid a series-clinching loss.
Through four starts in 2019, Nola has looked nothing like the pitcher who finished third in the National League Cy Young voting last season. Instead, he has an unsightly 7.45 ERA coming into this matchup. In his last game, Nola lasted just four innings against the New York Mets, giving up seven hits and five runs in the process.
Meanwhile, the Phillies will look to avoid any more injuries. Last night, Andrew McCutchen left due to left knee inflammation, while Scott Kingery left due to a strained right hamstring. Kingery is heading to the injured list, along with Jean Segura and Victor Arano (per NBC Sports Philadelphia‘s Jim Salisbury). McCutchen will return to the leadoff spot, but manager Gabe Kapler will still have to get creative without some of his regulars.
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of game three of a four-game weekend set in Denver:
Phillies Starting Lineup
- Andrew McCutchen, left fied
- Cesar Hernandez, second base
- Bryce Harper, right field
- Rhys Hoskins, first base
- J.T. Realmuto, catcher
- Roman Quinn, center field
- Phil Gosselin, shortstop
- Maikel Franco, third base
- Aaron Nola, pitcher
- Charlie Blackmon (RF)
- David Dahl (CF)
- Trevor Story (SS)
- Ryan McMahon (3B)
- Mark Reynolds (1B)
- Raimel Tapia (LF)
- Garrett Hampson (2B)
- Drew Butera (C)
- Antonio Senzatela (P)
Shibe Vintage Sports Starting Pitching Matchup
- Aaron Nola (1-0, 7.45 ERA) vs Antonio Senzatela (1-0, 1.35 ERA)
- In two career games against Colorado, Nola is 1-0 with a 1.98 ERA and 17 strikeouts in 13.2 innings. Meanwhile, Senzatela is 0-0 against the Phillies with a 4.05 ERA in two games (only one of which was started by Senzatela), with four strikeouts and four walks in 6.2 innings.
Pregame Phillies Nuggets
- Thanks to his five-hit game last night, Bryce Harper is now hitting .336 in 41 games against the Rockies (51 hits in 179 plate appearances), to go along with five home runs and 20 RBIs. He has an even more eye-popping .400 batting average in 22 games at Coors Field.
- The Rockies star third baseman, Nolan Arenado, will be absent for the series finale. It’s welcoming news for a team looking to salvage a win, but it’s worth noting that Arenado has just one hit in nine at-bats in the series.
- The Phillies will play the Colorado Rockies tonight at Coors Field. First pitch is set for 8:10 PM.
- TV: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Radio: SportsRadio 94 WIP, WTTM 1680 (Spanish)