Another week of Philadelphia Phillies Minor League baseball is in the books. Let’s see how the farm hands fared.
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs 12-4
- Reading Fightin’ Phils 6-7
- Clearwater Threshers 6-11
- Lakewood Blue Claws 4-13
- Top prospect Alec Bohm went 3-3 on Friday with a walk and two runs scored. He backed that up with a 2-4 game on Saturday.
- No. 5 prospect Luis Garcia had a game he’d like to forget on Friday, as he went 0-5 with five strikeouts for Lakewood.
- Deivi Grullon went 3-5 with three RBIs on Saturday for Lehigh Valley.
- Jhailyn Ortiz went 2-3 with a home run and a walk on Friday.
- Simon Muzziotti had a nice game on Thursday, going 3-5 with two doubles and a run scored.
- Kyle Dohy did a nice job out the bullpen for Reading on Thursday; he went two scoreless innings, while allowing no hits,one walk and striking out four.
- Cole Irvin had a bit of a weird game on Wednesday. He went six innings, allowing one run, while giving up 10 hits and only recording one strikeout.
- Nick Maton was 3-5 with an RBI on Tuesday.
- Adam Haseley also had a nice game on Tuesday going 2-4 with a pair of doubles and an RBI.
- Alec Bohm is hot right now. He’s slashing .345/.433/.491 with a home run, five doubles, six RBIs and 10 walks.
- No. 2 prospect Adonis Medina has a 3.60 ERA after two starts this year. Rainouts have cost Reading a few games, so Medina is behind a start.
- Adam Haseley got going a little this week, but he’s still slashing .167/.259/.292 on the season. He’s only scored four runs as well.
- Luis Garcia is also struggling. He’s hitting .185 with 18 strikeouts so far this year. It was expected that Garcia may deal with a bit of a learning curve, he’s only 18 and is playing against mostly 20 year olds.
- Spencer Howard has been solid through three starts this year. He has a 3.14 ERA with 19 strikeouts in 14.1 innings.
- Enyel De Los Santos is also doing quite well. He has a 2.81 ERA after three starts and has struck out 24 in 16 innings. The only concern is that he’s already given up four home runs.
- Mickey Moniak’s hot start has faded. His average is down to .208 and he’s struck out 15 times so far this year. Hopefully, once Reading stops having cancellations, he can get into a groove.
- We mentioned Jhailyn Ortiz earlier, he has had the one good game, but overall the 20-year-old has had a down year so far for Double-A Reading, as he has a .200 average and just the one home run.
- Simon Muzziotti has had a nice start to the year, as he’s hitting .286 with three doubles and a triple. He’s definitely a guy to keep an eye on.
- Cole Irvin has a 1.53 ERA after three starts. His WHIP is a bit high at 1.36 – and he has only recorded seven strikeouts – but he keeps getting outs.
- It’s been a rough start for Single-A Clearwater catcher Rodolfo Duran, who is hitting just .143 with no extra base hits so far this season.
- Kyle Dohy continues to dominate. He’s allowed one run in nine innings of work and has struck out 17 batters over that span. His WHIP is .78, and opponents are hitting .071 against him. Lehigh Valley may come knocking soon.
- Kevin Gowdy is pitching again, and he’s getting outs with a 2.79 ERA in three starts. However, he’s allowed 11 walks in 9.2 innings, compared to 10 strikeouts. The rust is there, hopefully he shakes it off.
- Deivy Grullon is hitting .395 with a pair of home runs as the catcher for Lehigh Valley. He’s only 23, but could he be hot on the heels of Andrew Knapp?
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Tom McCarthy Is ‘Beyond Excited’ To Work With Jimmy Rollins In Phillies Broadcast Booth
- Phillies Nation Top 20 Philadelphia Phillies Prospects – April 2019
- The Top 10 Phillies Home Runs At Citizens Bank Park
- What Current Phillies Will Still Be With Team At Time Of 2026 MLB All-Star Game?
- Carlos Ruiz’s Team Has Reached The Panama Beisbol Mayor 2019