After a series in Chicago that left some unfinished business behind, the Phillies (31-21) have done nothing but take care of business in their series against the Milwaukee Brewers (29-24). In the first two games of the series, the Phils offense has produced 13 runs while the bullpen has bounced back nicely from the Cubs series, tossing seven scoreless frames against the Brewers.
Heading to the mound for the series finale is right-hander Zach Eflin. He’s coming off of a hard luck loss, pitching six innings of one-run ball in the Phillies 3-2 loss to the Cubs on May 21. Eflin has been a solid arm for the Phillies this month, holding the opposition to one run or less in three of his four starts.
Meanwhile, on the offensive end, Cesar Hernandez remained hot on Saturday night in Milwaukee with two hits, including a homer, in the Phillies 7-2 win. He’s raised his average 17 points, from .290 to .307, over his last 10 games.
- Andrew McCutchen (LF)
- Jean Segura (SS)
- Bryce Harper (RF)
- Rhys Hoskins (1B)
- Cesar Hernandez (2B)
- Odubel Herrera (CF)
- Andrew Knapp (C)
- Maikel Franco (3B)
- Zach Eflin (P)
- Ben Gamel (CF)
- Christian Yelich (RF)
- Ryan Braun (LF)
- Mike Moustakas (3B)
- Yasmani Grandal (C)
- Hernan Perez (2B)
- Eric Thames (1B)
- Orlando Arcia (SS)
- Brandon Woodruff (P)
Shibe Vintage Sports Starting Pitching Matchup
- Zach Eflin (5-4, 2.76 ERA) vs. Brandon Woodruff (6-1, 3.51 ERA)
- Eflin faced Milwaukee two starts ago, surrendering four runs on seven hits over five innings during the Phillies 11-3 loss to the Brewers on May 16.
- Woodruff had it working against the Phillies in his lone start against them this season as part of a 6-1 win. He hurled six shutout frames, striking out five and walking five.
Pregame Phillies Nuggets
- During their three-game winning streak, the Phillies offense has scored 22 runs.
- After dropping three out of four to the Brewers at home, the Phils are 7-2 in their last nine games. Meanwhile, the Brewers have lost five of its last seven games.
- Jean Segura extended his hitting-streak to 16 games with a base knock on Saturday. In that span, Segura is hitting .343. He tallied an RBI walk and scored a run on Rhys Hoskins’ home run during Saturday’s game.
- The Brewers have allowed 45 runs and been held to three runs or less over their last seven games. They were 27-19 after winning three of four in Philadelphia.
- Milwaukee is 8-2 in Brandon Woodruff’s last 10 starts. He is 5-0 with a 2.61 ERA over his last seven starts.
- 2:10 p.m. on Sunday, May 26 at Miller Park
- NBC Sports Philadelphia
- SportsRadio 94 WIP
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Former Phillie Hunter Pence Has Revitalized His Career In Texas
- With Season-Ending Surgery, Dylan Cozens’ Time With Phillies Could Be Over
- Jimmy Rollins Thinks Phillies Should Have Won 3 World Series Titles Between 2007 and 2011
- Madison Bumgarner Strategically Places Phillies On No-Trade List
- Phillies Have Recently Scouted Zack Greinke, Madison Bumgarner