What happened to the Philadelphia Phillies in the last week has been beyond brutal, so we’ll try to lift your spirits with some good news from the farm system.
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs: 34-38
- Reading Fightin’ Phils: 42-31 (3-3 in the second half)
- Clearwater Threshers: 41-32 (5-2 in the second half)
- Lakewood Blue Claws: 31-43 (2-2 in the second half)
- Williamsport Crosscutters: 2-8
- Before his promotion to Double-A Reading, Alec Bohm did some more damage in Clearwater. He went 3-4 on Tuesday with a home run and three RBIs. Bohm added a 2-4 game on Wednesday. Bohm went hitless in his first Reading game, but went 2-4 on Saturday and he hit a home run on Sunday.
- Deivy Grullon went 2-4 with a double for Lehigh Valley on Tuesday. He added another two hit game on Friday. Grullon finished off his week with a 2-4 performance on Saturday, in which he homered and drove in three runs.
- Mickey Moniak went 2-4 with two runs scored and an RBI on Tuesday for Reading. Moniak backed that up with another 2-4 performance on Wednesday. He then had another 2-4 game on Thursday. Moniak wasn’t done, though, as he went 2-4 again on Saturday with an RBI-triple.
- Darick Hall went 3-5 with a home run, three RBIs and two runs scored in that Reading Tuesday game.
- David Parkinson had a stellar outing for Reading on Saturday. He went six scoreless innings, allowing three hits and two walks with four strikeouts.
- Jhailyn Ortiz went 2-4 with a home run for Clearwater on Tuesday. He then went 2-4 with two home runs and four RBIs on Wednesday. Ortiz hit a grand slam on Thursday as well. He wasn’t done, though, as he hit a two-run home run on Saturday. Ortiz finished the week by going 2-5 on Sunday.
- Matt Vierling went 2-4 with a double and two runs scored on Wednesday.
- Simon Muzziotti went 4-5 with a RBI for Clearwater on Saturday.
- Nick Maton went 3-5 with a RBI on Saturday.
- Kyle Glogoski went five hitless, scoreless innings for Clearwater on Saturday. He walked two and struck out five.
- Dalton Guthrie went 3-4 with a double for Clearwater on Sunday.
- Francisco Morales went four scoreless innings in relief for Lakewood on Friday. He allowed one hit and one walk while striking out seven.
- Luis Garcia went 3-4 for Lakewood on Saturday. He then went 2-4 with a double and two runs scored on Sunday.
- Seth Lancaster went 2-3 with a double, a triple, two runs scored and three RBIs on Sunday.
- Taylor Lehman went four scoreless innings for Williamsport on Monday, he allowed one hit and two walks while striking out seven. Lehman then went another four scoreless innings on Saturday.
- In 65 games across three levels, Alec Bohm is slashing .336/.407/.536 with eight home runs, 20 doubles and 39 RBIs. He will make his Reading home debut on Thursday, so if you’re looking for something to keep your mind off the Phillies, that might be a trip worth taking.
- Adonis Medina got roughed up this week and his ERA jumped back up over four to 4.05. His other numbers aren’t too bad, with an opponent’s batting average of .235 and a WHIP of 1.28. He could use some more strikeouts, though, with only 41 in 60 innings.
- Luis Garcia is over .200 with his batting average now at .204. He has a .291 OBP and is only slugging .294. He only has 13 extra base hits in 68 games.
- JoJo Romero got hit around pretty good again this week. His ERA between Double-A and Triple-A in 8.30, opponents are hitting .328 against him and he has a WHIP of 1.83. These numbers are shockingly bad after Romero flew through the minors in the past two seasons.
- Mickey Moniak is up to .268 with his batting average. He also has four home runs, eight triples, 18 doubles, 36 RBIs and 38 runs scored.
- Jhailyn Ortiz had a huge power week and now has 12 home runs in 57 games. His average is only at .227, however, and he’s struck out 73 times in 57 games.
- David Parkinson has an ERA of 3.31 in 12 starts for Reading. His control has been good with a WHIP of 1.16 and only four home runs allowed.
- Deivy Grullon was added to the Phillies top 30 prospect list this week. He’s hitting .306 with 10 home runs and 44 RBIs in 62 games.
- Kyle Glogoski has an ERA of 1.10 in nine starts between Clearwater and Lakewood. His WHIP is insane at just 0.73. He has 50 strikeouts in 32.2 innings.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- ‘The Phillies Got A Gem:’ Former Coaches Laud First-Round Pick Bryson Stott
- Phillies Nuggets: What Type Of Season Is Madison Bumgarner Having?
- Phillies Nuggets: Cesar Hernandez Is Hitting His Way Into All-Star Picture
- He’s Not A Lefty, But Marcus Stroman Remains An Intriguing Trade Candidate For The Phillies
- Flashback: The Time Gabe Kapler Had To Be Pinch-Run For In The Middle Of A Home Run