Let’s take a look back at this week’s minor league action, which included Adam Haseley being promoted to Triple-A.
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs: 28-25
- Reading Fightin’ Phils: 31-21
- Clearwater Threshers: 29-27
- Lakewood BlueClaws: 18-37
- Haseley’s debut on Wednesday with Lehigh Valley was more than ideal. He went 3-4 with two doubles and two RBIs. Haseley did struggle the rest of the week until Sunday, when he went 2-4 with two RBIs and a double. Haseley did have a two-hit game for Reading on Monday before his promotion. He hit a triple and scored two runs.
- Tom Eshelman had one of his best performances of the past two years on Monday. He went seven scoreless innings, allowing only four hits and one walk. He struck out seven. He then backed that up with a six inning, two earned run performance on Sunday.
- David Parkinson once again had a solid outing this past week for Reading. He went seven innings, allowing one earned run. He allowed two hits and two walks, while striking out seven.
- Mickey Moniak went 2-3 with a double and two RBIs on Friday. He added a 2-5 performance on Sunday.
- Adonis Medina had a quality outing on Saturday for Reading. He went 5.2 innings, allowing one run on two hits and three walks. He struck out three as well.
- The Clearwater offense came alive on Thursday, scoring 10 runs. They were led by Nick Maton, who went 4-5 with two RBIs. Jhailyn Ortiz went 3-5 with a home run, two runs scored and three RBIs. Alec Bohm went 2-4 with a triple and two runs scored.
- Bohm wasn’t done for the week, though, he added a 3-4 game on Saturday. He drove in a run in that one.
- Damon Jones was the story of that Clearwater game, as he went seven scoreless innings, allowing only two hits. He struck out 11.
- Rafael Marchan went 3-6 with a double for Lakewood on Thursday. He then went 2-5 with a double on Friday.
- Cole Stobbe launched two home runs and drove in five in that Thursday game as well. He also hit a home run on Friday.
- Luis Garcia got in on the fun in that Thursday game too, going 2-4 with a walk. He played second base in that game.
- The organization’s top prospect is still hot. Between Low and High-A, Alec Bohm is slashing .342./405/.541 with six home runs, two triples, 17 doubles, 30 RBIs, 29 runs scored and 23 walks in 51 games. You have to wonder if a promotion to Double-A is in his near future.
- Adonis Medina has gotten his ERA under 4.00 – it’s 3.96 – but he isn’t generating a lot of strikeouts, with 31 in 43.2 inning. His WHIP is a tad high at 1.35.
- Don’t look now, but Adam Haseley has his average up to .272 after hitting .190 in April. He’s added seven home runs and 22 walks in 46 games. We’ll continue to monitor how he does in Triple-A.
- Luis Garcia is still batting .201 on the season, but he’s started to walk a lot more. He’s now up to 16 walks on the season and has cut down on his strikeouts.
- Mickey Moniak has his average up to .262 for the season. His on-base percentage is a bit low though, at .294. He has three home runs, six triples and 12 doubles. While Moniak has 30 RBIs, he does only have nine walks.
- Jhailyn Ortiz’s power is starting to come around as he now has seven on the year. His average is only at .216 and he’s struck out 60 times in 40 games.
- Rafael Marchan continues to show great plate discipline. His average is up to .307 and he has nine walks compared to eight strikeouts.
- Nick Maton has his average at .289 with seven doubles, three home runs, 26 RBIs, seven stolen bases, 17 runs scored and 18 walks. He’s doing a little bit of everything.
- David Parkinson has his ERA down to 3.02 with 42 strikeouts in 44.2 innings. Opponents are only hitting .209 against him and as I seem to mention every week, he’s only allowed one home run in eight starts.
- Deivy Grullon actually had a rough week, as his average is down to .339, which tells you how good he’s been. He has nine home runs and 38 RBIs on the season.
The MLB Draft will get under way tonight. The Phillies hold the 14th pick in the draft.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nuggets: What Type Of Season Is Madison Bumgarner Having?
- Phillies Nuggets: Cesar Hernandez Is Hitting His Way Into All-Star Picture
- He’s Not A Lefty, But Marcus Stroman Remains An Intriguing Trade Candidate For The Phillies
- Phillies Have Recently Scouted Zack Greinke, Madison Bumgarner
- Flashback: The Time Gabe Kapler Had To Be Pinch-Run For In The Middle Of A Home Run