The 2019 MLB All Star Break is here, so the Philadelphia Phillies will enjoy a brief break, as will the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and Reading Fightin’ Phils. However, with three other teams in action this week, there’s lots to look forward to.
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs: 42-44
- Reading Fightin’ Phils: 53-35 (14-7 in the second half)
- Clearwater Threshers: 48-38 (12-8 in the second half)
- Lakewood Blue Claws: 35-52 (6-11 in the second half)
- Williamsport Crosscutters: 4-17
- Alec Bohm got his week started on the right foot with a 2-5 performance on Monday. He had his first Double-A triple in that one. Bohm then went 2-3 with a double on Tuesday. He went 2-3 with a double again on Friday, adding an RBI. Sunday, Bohm played in the MLB Future’s All-Star Game.
- Damon Jones had yet another great outing for Double-A Reading this week. On Friday, the Reading starter went four scoreless innings, allowing two hits and two walks while striking out six.
- Bailey Falter one up’d Jones the next day, going seven scoreless innings. while allowing just two hits and striking out six.
- Enyel De Los Santos went 6.1 innings for Lehigh Valley on Wednesday, giving up two earned runs. He surrendered six hits and a walk while adding five strikeouts.
- Nick Williams went 2-5 with a home run and three RBIs for the IronPigs on Thursday. He then went 3-6 with a triple, a double and an RBI on Friday. Still just 25, Williams is hitting .410 in 78 at-bats for Triple-A Lehigh Valley. However, he has a .538 batting average on balls in play for the IronPigs, which is not even close to sustainable.
- Adam Haseley went 2-5 with a walk and a run scored for Lehigh Valley on Friday.
- Matt Vierling went 3-4 for Clearwater on Monday. Vierling had three of the team’s five hits in that one.
- Alejandro Requena pitched six innings, allowing a run on three hits and two walks for Clearwater. He had four strikeouts.
- Nick Maton went 2-4 with two RBIs for Clearwater on Tuesday.
- Julian Garcia pitched seven innings, giving up a run on two hits and three walks while striking out four for Clearwater on Wednesday. He would lose the game, though, as Clearwater mustered just one hit in the game.
- Ethan Evanko went six scoreless frames for Clearwater on Thursday. He allowed just three hits and two walks.
- Francisco Morales continues to successfully transition to the bullpen. He pitched four innings of relief on Monday, allowing just a hit and a walk with five strikeouts. Morales did start on Saturday for Lakewood, though, and he was great, going five scoreless innings and allowing just two hits.
- Rafael Marchan went 3-4 for Lakewood on Tuesday, he did not start the game. Marchan again went 3-4 on Saturday.
- Manuel Silva pitched well on Wednesday, going five scoreless innings, allowing just one hit and two walks.
- The Crosscutters got a good game from Corbin Williams on Monday, as he went 3-4.
- Junior Tejada also had a good game Monday for the Crosscutters, pitching four scoreless innings and striking out seven.
The organization received two big blows this week with both Double-A outfielder Mickey Moniak (hamstring strain) and Triple-A catcher Deivy Grullon (toe fracture) going on the injured list. Moniak was hitting .266 this season, but had been a lot better since the beginning of June. Grullon has been a force all year with a .306 batting average and 12 home runs.
- Alec Bohm is hitting .259 in 15 games for Reading since his promotion. He did not play this weekend because he was in Cleveland for the Futures Game. For the year, he’s hitting .325 with 10 home runs, 23 doubles and 47 RBIs.
- Adonis Medina’s ERA is back down under 4.00 with a good start this week. He has a 3.90 ERA in 14 starts for Reading.
- Adam Haseley is slashing .270/.357/.468 between Reading and Lehigh Valley this season.
- It’s been a bad season for Luis Garcia – he’s hitting .198 with 13 errors in 79 games.
- Fransisco Morales has his ERA down to 3.30 and has struck out 85 batters in 60 innings of work. He’s starting to really shine.
- Jhailyn Ortiz has the power with 13 long balls in 69 games, but he’s hitting .214 with 93 strikeouts.
- Damon Jones has a 0.82 ERA in four starts for Reading. For the season, he has a 1.34 ERA in 15 starts. He has 119 strikeouts in 80.1 innings.
- Colton Eastman has a 3.19 ERA in 11 starts for Clearwater, after posting a 6.00 ERA in five games for Lakewood.
- Ethan Evanko has been stellar with a 1.61 ERA in 19 starts between Lakewood and Clearwater. He doesn’t get a lot of strikeouts, with 58 in 67 innings, but he’s only allowed 17 walks in that time.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- The Phillies May Have Too Many Holes To Fix At The Trade Deadline
- Former Phillies All-Star Domonic Brown Is Having A Strong Season In The Mexican League
- ‘The Phillies Got A Gem:’ Former Coaches Laud First-Round Pick Bryson Stott
- Alec Bohm Starts, Singles In MLB Futures Game
- Flashback: The Time Gabe Kapler Had To Be Pinch-Run For In The Middle Of A Home Run