As underwhelming as the Philadelphia Phillies have been at times during the 2019 campaign, it’s Aug. 6 and they are tied for the top spot in the National League Wild Card race with the division-rival Washington Nationals.
Tuesday night, the Phillies will look to clinch a series victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks, who enter the day three-and-a-half games behind them in a crowded National League Wild Card race.
Here’s everything you need to know ahead of Tuesday evening’s Phillies-Diamondbacks tilt:
- Corey Dickerson, left field
- Rhys Hoskins, first base
- Bryce Harper, right field
- J.T. Realmuto, catcher
- Jean Segura, shortstop
- Cesar Hernandez, second base
- Scott Kingery, third base
- Adam Haseley, center field
- Jake Arrieta, pitcher
- Jarrod Dyson, right field
- Ketel Marte, center field
- Eduardo Escobar, second base
- David Peralta, left field
- Christian Walker, first base
- Jake Lamb, third base
- Nick Ahmed, shortstop
- Alex Avila, catcher
- Mike Leake, pitcher
Shibe Vintage Sports Starting Pitching Matchup
- Jake Arrieta (8-8, 4.44 ERA and 4.87 FIP) vs. Mike Leake (9-8, 4.27 ERA and 4.72 FIP)
- The Phillies revealed on June 7 that Arrieta was pitching through a bone spur in his right elbow. He’s pitched through it, but it has limited his ability to go deep into games. The last time that the 33-year-old pitched six full innings was on June 30 in Miami.
- This will be Leake’s first start with the Diamondbacks after he was acquired before the July 31 trade deadline.
Pregame Phillies Nuggets
- In the last 15 days, Jean Segura is hitting .366 in 41 at-bats.
- Ketel Marte’s 5.3 fWAR is tied with Xander Bogaerts for the fourth best mark among all position players in 2019. The only everyday players with a higher fWAR than Marte in 2019 are Mike Trout, Christian Yelich and Cody Bellinger.
- J.T. Realmuto is hitting .350 in his first 20 at-bats in August.
- In 98 career at-bats against the Phillies, David Peralta has hit .378 with five home runs and 21 RBIs.
- Scott Kingery, who homered in Monday night’s win over the Diamondbacks, is hitting .318 with a .571 slugging percentage in Phillies victories this season.
- Chase Field
- 9:40 p.m. ET
- NBC Sports Philadelphia
- SportsRadio 94 WIP
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- 10 Years Later, Brad Lidge Talks ‘Battling’ Through 2009
- Minor League Mash-Up: Alec Bohm Comes Up Clutch
- Bobby Abreu: Full Phillies Wall Of Fame Ceremony
- Roy Halladay Probably Should Have Won The 2011 National League Cy Young Award
- Former Phillies All-Star Domonic Brown Is Having A Great Season In The Mexican League