The regular season attendance numbers for each Major League Baseball team in 2019 have been released and the Philadelphia Phillies rank much higher than in recent seasons.
According to ESPN’s MLB attendance report, the Phillies drew 2,727,421 fans to Citizens Bank Park this season, good for an average of 33,671 fans in the 81 games the team hosted. This number was 10th highest in Major League Baseball in 2019.
2019 marks the first top-10 attendance ranking for the team since 2013. A total of 3,012,403 fans showed up to Citizens Bank Park that season, finishing eighth-best in baseball with 37,190 fans per game. The 2013 season was the last time the Phillies season attendance finished over the three million fan mark:
The Phillies' total home season attendance: 2,727,421. That ranks 10th in MLB this year and the most at Citizens Bank Park since 2013 when they finished with more than 3 million.
— Meghan Montemurro (@M_Montemurro) September 29, 2019
The Phillies improved their spot in the MLB attendance standings by seven spots from the 2018 season, where they ranked 17th in baseball with an average of 27,318 fans per home game. The team also improved its total attendance by 569,297 fans over last season, which was the highest number in all of Major League Baseball.
The 2019 Phillies finished 81-81 on the year, their best record since 2012, when they finished with the same record. The team showed a significant advantage when playing in front of their home crowd this season. They were 45-36 when playing at Citizens Bank Park, as opposed to being 36-45 when playing in opposing ballparks.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Former Phillie Raul Ibanez Could Be Offseason’s Hottest Managerial Candidate
- Phillies Reportedly Considering Moving Jean Segura To Different Position
- Andrew McCutchen: ‘We’ll Be Better In 2020, Believe It’
- Bryce Harper: We Will Reign Again
- Matt Klentak: We Want J.T. Realmuto To Be A Phillie For A ‘Long, Long Time’
- Get Ready To Hear The Phillies Connected To 2 Nationals Quite A Bit
- Matt Klentak Says Scott Kingery’s Versatility Makes Him ‘Incredibly Valuable’
- What Would A Long-Term Deal Look Like For J.T. Realmuto?
- Phillies Would Have Interviewed Buck Showalter If Available In 2017, Per Report
- Tim Kelly’s 2019 IBWAA Awards Ballot