The Philadelphia Phillies 2020 home jerseys aren’t going to look much different than they did in 2019. But one, not-so-subtle change, has enraged social media.
Nike is the new on-field partner of MLB. With that, their signature “Swoosh” will be visible on the front of all jerseys, including the Phillies pinstriped home jerseys:
Though some locally have criticized the placement of the “Swoosh,” this isn’t unique to the Phillies. At the time of publication of this article “nike logo” is trending on Twitter in the United States because the “Swoosh” is present on the right side of all home jerseys:
The Phillies road and alternate jerseys are yet to be released, but both the San Diego Padres and Texas Rangers have released all of their 2020 jerseys, and Nike’s logo is present on the top right of all jerseys. The Phillies will almost certainly be the same. Majestic, the previous uniform partner, had their logo on the left sleeve.
Ahead of the 2019 season, the Phillies made minor tweaks to the script on their jerseys. It’s unclear if any adjustments will be made to any of the Phillies other jerseys.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- The 10 Best Individual Phillies Seasons Of The 2010s
- 3 Numbers To Remember: Bryce Harper’s Impressive First Season In Philadelphia
- What Position Will Scott Kingery Player In 2020?
- With Pitching, Larry Bowa Thinks Phillies Can Compete With ‘The Big Boys’ In 2020
- Bryce Harper’s Top 5 Home Runs of 2019
- Scott Rolen Apparently Would Have Welcomed Trade Back To Philadelphia In 2008
- Starting Pitching Market May Not Align In A Favorable Way For Phillies
- Larry Bowa thinks Scott Kingery Could Be An All-Star At Second Base
- How much money do the Phillies have to spend this winter?
- Joe Girardi Tells Hilarious Story About Ryan Howard