Though it will probably be a moot point by May, there’s certain to be plenty of discussion about the addition of the Nike Swoosh to the front of all MLB jerseys in the early weeks of the 2020 season.
Nike has taken over as the official on-field uniform sponsor of MLB, replacing Majestic. The most notable change in the Nike jerseys is that their logo is featured prominently on the top right of all uniforms. Previously, Majestic had their logo on the left sleeve of all jerseys, which was much less conspicuous.
As a reminder, here’s what the Phillies red pinstriped jerseys will look like with the Swoosh:
Though we got a further glimpse at the updated home jerseys at Zack Wheeler and Didi Gregorius’ introductory press conference earlier this month, we’ve yet to see a player wearing any of the other jerseys with the Nike Swoosh.
However, Phillies Nation‘s Destiny Lugardo was the first to notice that the ironically-named Majestic Clubhouse Store at Citizens Bank Park has begun to sell the Phillies road and cream alternate jerseys with the Nike Swoosh:
The grey jerseys are worn for all away games, while the Phillies don the cream alternates for all day games played at Citizens Bank Park, with the exception of ones on Thursdays. For the past two seasons the Phillies have worn their Powder Blue throwback jerseys as part of a very popular #ThrowbackThursday promotion. There haven’t been any pictures of the Powder Blue jerseys – which the Phillies aren’t scheduled to wear until the middle of May – with the Nike Swoosh yet.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nuggets: Opening Day Lineup Projection 2.0
- Phillies Nation Roundtable: Bold Predictions For 2020
- How Jake Arrieta And Nick Pivetta Can Be Productive In 2020
- What Happened To Rhys Hoskins In 2019?
- Phillies Over/Under On Wins For 2020 Set At 85.5
- Victor Arano Could Be A Key For Phillies Bullpen
- A Look At Bryce Harper’s Projected Numbers For 2020
- Realmuto On Arbitration: ‘It’s Not Me Against The Phillies’
- What Should You Expect From Mickey Moniak In 2020?
- Seranthony Dominguez Is ‘Chomping At The Bit’ For 2020 Season