Late last week, we got our first glimpse at how the Philadelphia Phillies primary road jerseys and alternate cream jerseys will look with the addition of a Nike Swoosh. Today, we learned that the team will also don a new hat during Spring Training and in batting practice during the 2020 season.
The red hat features a blue brim and part of the Phillies inscription inside a blue liberty bell. As Matt Breen of The Philadelphia Inquirer‘s image shows, the hat also features “Phillies” written out fully on the right side of the hat:
The Phillies previous Spring Training/batting practice cap was red with a blue brim and a solid blue Liberty Bell on the front of the cap.
Phillies pitchers and catchers will report to Spring Training a week from today, on Feb. 11. Position players are due to report to Clearwater on Feb. 16. The Phillies will rock their new Spring Training caps in the Grapefruit League for the first time on Saturday, Feb. 22, when they will face off with the Detroit Tigers in Lakeland.
MORE FROM PHILLIES NATION
- Phillies Nuggets: Opening Day Lineup Projection 2.0
- First Look: Phillies Road And Cream Jerseys With Nike Swoosh
- Phillies Nation Roundtable: Bold Predictions For 2020
- How Jake Arrieta And Nick Pivetta Can Be Productive In 2020
- What Happened To Rhys Hoskins In 2019?
- Victor Arano Could Be A Key For Phillies Bullpen
- A Look At Bryce Harper’s Projected Numbers For 2020
- The Phillies Path To One Of The Wild Cards Won’t Be Easy Either
- What Should You Expect From Mickey Moniak In 2020?
- Seranthony Dominguez Is ‘Chomping At The Bit’ For 2020 Season